Proper posting?

lginc

That FM guy
hey, guys(gals?), i want to get off on the right foot. i understand how to post pics, my questions are: 1- can you put pics in a post? 2-how many kb should i reduce the pics to(example,50kb)? 3-do i have to state there are pics in the thread, in the thread topic?,and last for now, if i wanted to get in on a photo contest(not now, but perhaps in the future) i use a 35mm, does it have to be a certain type?:confused: on another forum i was on, they were REALLY picky about some of this stuff. sorry for the newbie questions, just want to start out here right. ANY help on this matter, would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks, -Dean

1, yes, full size, and the attachments have a new embedding feature
2, Max for attachments is 433kb (correct?), if you resize for 800x600 with windows XP's built in photo resizer, or a program like Irfanview (and save at say 75% comepresion), .jpg files, they should be anywhere around 100-200kb.
3, No but you can, we're about used to pictures anyways, maybe we should have to state that we DON'T have pics, lol!
4, (photo contest) as long as it fits in the catagories, and is uploaded digitaly, lol i guess thats a no...

Just post away, we're waiting to see what you got!

Iginc, we also have a weekend Photo fun for posting our model work or RR pictures of any type. It usually starts about Friday and runs for several days. It is listed in the General Discussion sub-forum. You can check out last weekends post anytime. Please feel free to join the fun.

Hi Dean... What Josh said. :) The photo upload page contains information and instructions to help you get started, but don't hesitate to ask if you see something that's not clear.

Welcome!!!

jbaakko, RexHea and Lady_Railfan, THANK YOU for your help.:) ok, i'm going to do a couple test pics. those that know me might have seen two of these pics,(sorry) but they are a couple of my favs i have on my computer now. all are of the HO layout. the first is a milwaukee H10-44, next is a UP H15-44, and last, but NOT least, my newest set, the Aerotrain.(what a task it was to get that runable;) :D ) hope this turns out.:confused: -Dean

lginc said:
...the Aerotrain.(what a task it was to get that runable;) :D ) hope this turns out.:confused: -Dean
Yeah, I know what you mean. A couple of smaller companies tried to manufacture frames that could take Athearn parts, but they never seemed to follow through on producing enough, so they're hard to find. I think a larger company might be working on something though;)

Hi Dean, I'm liking what I'm seeing, very nice, something quite different. Time to get that camera going :D Thanks for sharing

13.gif
Willis

THANK YOU, CBCNSfan.:D sushob, i hope your right, so those that get it wont have to go through what i did. really your just buying the shells. no motor, no weights, no workable axles, no glass in the coaches, no usable couplers, just outside shells. i had to do it all from scratch, but i shouldnt complain, now its one of my most prized sets.;) on the brite side, there was TONS of room for the soundtraxx decoder and speeker.;) :D -Dean

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Dean. Man, I love the test pics. The FM locos are cool as is the Aerotrain. One thing that caught my eye is the wig-wag crossing signal. Very nice!

Dean, those are some very good "test" pictures, great scene. Now that your test has passed, let'um fly. Looking forward to more.

RexHea said:
Dean, those are some very good "test" pictures, great scene. Now that your test has passed, let'um fly. Looking forward to more.
WOW!:eek: complements from RexHea AND grandman, i am floored, THANKS GUYS!:D problem is, i havent took any pics in about 3 weeks, and the HO layout has had work done to it, so the pics are not current. also after looking at the work EVERYONE on this forum does, i see i have a looong way to go to even be close to the league you people in this forum are in :( . if i did post pics, there are so many places on this forum to post them, not sure where would be the best places. example: an engine in HO spotting a 40' box and there are dock workers working. where would i put this pic? one more example: 2 engines in N pulling modals out of the modal yard, and a couple shots of the modal yard. seems easyer to just wait for the weekend and post in that thread. HELP...anyone?...anyone? thank you, -Dean

lginc said:
jbaakko thanks! sushob, i bought the bowser set. is there a differance in them?:confused: i would REALLY like to know. thanks, -Dean
Nope. Bowser bought out Varney years ago, so it's basically just the company name that's changed. The train itself is the same.

Dean, just post your pictures where you want, but the weekend photo fun post catches a lot of viewers. When you have that very special photo, then the "Showin Off" is a good one to use. Don't forget about the monthly contest. I haven't entered it yet, but hope to soon.

One other thing;I probably have as much plywood ground cover as anything else :eek: :rolleyes: Don't worry about everything being finished. Gads, if that were the case, I never would be able to post a photo:D .

sushob, thanks for clearing that up, i was starting to think i was missing out on somehting.;) RexHea, thanks for the help. i'm going through my pics to see if i have something of good quality to post. perhaps i'll post something tonight. if not, for sure on the weekend thread.;) :D going to work on the layouts and get some film. havent run the N in awhile, need to dust it off and remove cobwebs. real hard to go back to DC(N) after running DCC(HO). -Dean

ok, i have posted a couple pics of the N layout in the N discussions part of the forum. and some of the HO layout in the HO discussions part of the forum. if ANYONE is interested, please feel free to take a peek.:) thanks, -Dean

Back