Programming With LokProgrammer and JMRI

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
I have one computer for programming the decoders.
I have the LokProgrammer for ESU decoders and I use JMRI for all other decoders.
I can use the LokProgrammer with no problem but when I switch over to use the JMRI none of the com ports seem to work.
The LokProgrammer was working on Com Port 3.
JMRI was connected to my programming track with a PR3 but it doesn't seem to happy on any com port.
Anybody else tried this combination?

I guess I should restate that a little clearer.
JMRI was working fine through the PR3 (for several years and programmed 100s of locomotives) until I connected the LokProgrammer, then JMRI didn't want to play anymore on Com Port 3.
Uninstalling the USB ports then rebooting to reinstall them does work but it doesn't seem practical to switch between programmers.
Is there a better way?

I guess I should restate that a little clearer.
JMRI was working fine through the PR3 (for several years and programmed 100s of locomotives) until I connected the LokProgrammer, then JMRI didn't want to play anymore on Com Port 3.
Uninstalling the USB ports then rebooting to reinstall them does work but it doesn't seem practical to switch between programmers.
Is there a better way?
If your computer has more than one USB port, try using one port for JMRI, and another for the Lokprogrammer.

I remember seeing the option for my Lokprogrammer. I’ll tale a closer look when I get home.
I fiddled around a bit with it earlier today. On the main window, click "tools", "Lokprogrammer", then "serial port". It gave me the option to change the port.

Yeah, I've found that too. Do some programming with the LokProgrammer then switch over to the JMRI. Do some programming with that then try to switch back to LokProgrammer. On mine, it won't stay on the com port I switch it to.

Back