Programming a BLI locomotive

railBuilderDhd

I have a BLI loco I was trying to program with my Digitrax Zephyr but I'm not able to get it programmed at all. I was able to get it reset and the address to work on 03 but now I'm not able to get the new address to stick. I tried on the program track and with OPS on the mainline. I thought I may need to get out the PR3 and try to program with JMRI on the program track. I'm thinking there isn't enough volt on the track and it's not reading the signal sent. I seem to recall that being an issue before.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I'm missing or what I should try. Seems something is missing something easy.

Thanks,
Dave

If your address is higher than 126, you must enable what is called an 'extended address' or a 'long address' by setting CV29 to a value of either 38 or 34. The latter if you don't want to have the decoder switch itself when exposed to DC current.

Terry -
Thank you I did read about the programming if the 3 CV's to set an address. I tried that one time but I'm thinking it was in an incorrect order. I will have to do that again.

Crandell -
I will read more about the CV 29 to ensure I get the correct value for the long address.

Dave

Terry -
Thank you I did read about the programming if the 3 CV's to set an address. I tried that one time but I'm thinking it was in an incorrect order. I will have to do that again.

Crandell -
I will read more about the CV 29 to ensure I get the correct value for the long address.

Dave

Cv29=34 for long address, without analog ability, normal direction of travel forward.

Back