Product Reviews Section?

Mhmm, I understand Bob. Want me to post some tomorrow (Friday)?

No, they won't be posted in the forum, they'll be posted in a new section of the site, though detailed discussions will still happen on the forum. So for the moment, just get a few ready and hold on until I get the new software going.

How about scenery and structure reviews? That is what I mostly deal with, so
if you like I will start off with a review of MAGIC WATER, and their brand new preformed ponds!

pond1.png

David

OK, the review section is ready.

Here's how it works.

You post the product first, just listing facts such as the manufacturer and features. At this point you don't really review the product, you just set up the info on it.

Once the product is posted, you can then review it. You post what you paid, what you like and don't like, comments etc.

Other members can add their own comments and reviews. The goal here is to get a feel for how many people like a certain product and whether they'd buy it again.

It works a lots like the photo gallery, so once you have a look it will be a lot clearer. Here's the initial installation, I'm still working on laying it out, but go ahead and play around with it and offer suggestions.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/reviewpost/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've still got work to do, but there are enough products now that you can get a good feel for this now. Looks like it will be a useful addition to the forum.

I've got permission for Atlas to post their products, so I'll be uploading those. I'm going to try and get permission from other companies too. If you're a model railroad manufacturer, feel free to add your products.

Maybe we'll draw in a rep from one of the companies, to post the official listings of the products?

I may not be awake yet! But, as I am in the prosses of building the pond, how do I post the progress pictures. This is going to take me a week to actually Install, paint and pour the pond then do the review.
David

I may not be awake yet! But, as I am in the prosses of building the pond, how do I post the progress pictures. This is going to take me a week to actually Install, paint and pour the pond then do the review.
David

If you're going to do something that detailed, post it here in the forum under the appropriate category, then post a short review there with a link to your detailed article.

I've got permission from Atlas to do that, and I'm hoping that other companies will also participate.
Sweet, I'll try to keep up with adding more as I get more.

Oh, if you get a chance, since you're adding the Atlas products, I have a Evans DPD box I can review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, if you get a chance, since you're adding the Atlas products, I have a Evans DPD box I can review.

OK, I'll see if I can do that.

As for posting more Atlas stuff, I have been thinking about it, and don't want to have a bunch of products without a review for the item. I'm not sure what to do, but I think at least to start off, we should stick to posting products we plan on reviewing. That way folks don't feel like they have to hunt to find the reviews.

What do the rest of you think? Should I post a lot of items and hope folks will add a review, or should I wait until an item is requested? What would you find the most useful?

Back