Product Reviews Section?

modelbob

Administrator
Nicely done review here:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4897

This brings up an interesting question. I've got a new piece of software that's specifically designed for product reviews. You can post photos, members can add comments and ratings, and it has some other neat features for reviews.

I'd like to know if anyone is interested in a product review section.

Most importantly, if you are interested, would you write reviews?!? I know folks would read it, but would anyone write reviews? Without that part, it's really not worth having.

So, if you have an interest, especially in posting reviews, let me know.

Well Bob, I can defently write some reviews of the stuff I've bought recently and stuff I've had for some time.

OK, that's two people who are interested, that's a good start. If I get a total of 5 members who will committ to doing some reviews, I'll go ahead and give it a try. I just need to be sure we've got some folks who will make this thing work.

Great, that's 3 folks, just need 2 more folks who say they'll give it a try...

I think it would be a great addition!

That is a great idea you have.

I wish I could, but I cannot. I'm too busy with work etc..

But I can give some review (like yesterday) from time to time, but I will unreliable as far as frequency is concern. Keep in mind that I am an amateur, not a pro.

It's a good idea .would love to see a product review Don't think I would be much of a contributor but will read the reviews .

Bob,I can do a review from time to time..However,I have limited freight car knowledge but,can still give a fair review.

Bob, I don't mind reviewing any new stuff I get. I can't say how often that will be, but I'll give it a try.

Add me to the list. I'll review stuff I get as well. Won't be a ton, but a review here and there I could do!

That's fine... I realize that most folks can't do a whole lot of reviews, lest we get to the point of "This BlueBox car is the same as my last 10, except it's lettered Canadian Pacific..."

But with enough folks participating, we can have enough reviews to keep things interesting.

And it can evolve too Bob, and everyone else, say you buy a freight car, and the trucks & wheeles need replacement, so you but the wheels to replace, and they work even worse, but the replacements work awesome on car B, so off to the store you go for replacement #2, and they work much better. You can "review" the replacements in a reply to the original review.

P.S. This would be a GREAT section for reviewing the topic of this thread:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4895

OK folks, there's enough interest I'll give it a try. I've got the software, and I'll install it within a week or two.

Meanwhile, I need your help. I'd like to have at least 5 or 6 reviews there when we open, so folks can see how it works and there's something there to read.

If you have already done a review and posted it on the site, we can use it again, that's fine, juts let me know where it's at. New reviews are also welcome of course. Let me know when you've got something that you think will work.

Here's a sample of what it would look like:
http://www.techimo.com/reviews/

Does this have to be reserved for products that are new to the market? Or just new to us? I have few of the former, but plenty of the latter. ;)

Does this have to be reserved for products that are new to the market? Or just new to us? I have few of the former, but plenty of the latter. ;)

I'd say that any products that are still reasonably available on the market are fair game. It wouldn't have to be limited to new items.

I'm gonna review some "hard to find items" too, just so that readers know if it's worht their time to try to find the product (McKeen models hopper car, Scale Craft Finger Rack car, Ect.).

Plus I can throw in reviews of newer stuff I'm aquiring.

Back