Problem with programming using NCE power cab

Good evening

I was hoping I could get some help with lowering volume using my NCE power cab. I have 3 broadway limited Locos that have been factory set to 255 (max volume). It is very load and annoying. The problem is I am having trouble lowering the master volume? I have followed all the instructions carefully either using the F button access or going directly into the CV setting. I can access the menu and see that I am lowering the volume, yet every time I press enter my loco goes dead and need to reinstall it? Am I doing something

You should be able to place the engine on the track, dial up the engine address, then go to your programming menu on you Power cab.
Select OPS, program on the main, then select cv133, and set it to something lower than 75. When you hit enter, you should hear the coupler clank sound from the engine, and the volume will lower immediately.

Thanks for the post, I did try that as the instructions suggested. Like you mentioned, I get the clank sound then press enter but then the whole loco shuts down? I have repeated this process a few times and the same thing happens?

Do you have F9 pressed on the handset? If not, any programming commands will turn it off.

Chef Hi, try starting your engine and as it,s going press #5 key you will see it on your pro cab screen, than DOUBLE CLICK number 8 like you would a mouse. you may have to try it a few times to get the hang of it. using #6 will raise the sound. let me know how you make out.

Hi thanks for the post sorry for the late reply. I tried your method (at least I think I have done correctly) and the only thing that happens is that it cuts sound altogether. The thing I need to turn the system on and off again to reset it. Does that sound normal to you?

Back