Problem with Lenz LH-100

Curtis

Hello All,

I'm having a problem with my LH-100 system. When I turn on the power to the system the only thing that happens is the hand held flashes "LH-100" and there is no red light on the LZV100 although it must be getting power to the hand held somehow. The power pack seems to be working fine.

The track doesn't have any power and I've tried disconnecting everything to make sure there are no shorts and nothing seems to change.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Curtis

The track doesn't have any power
Hi Curtus, well I'm not into DCC yet and can't help much. If I might suggest disconnect the unit's DCC output to the buss and see if the indicator lights up. Next step maybe, connect the DCC output to a piece of off layout trackage just to prove the unit out. I'm guessing there is a short somewhere on your layout tracks.
Might not be much help but it will give you something to do untill a more knowledgeable member comes along :D
13.gif
Willis

Curtis,

I have to agree with Willis, Disconnect you main buss line from the 100 system and see if the system returns. You must have a dead short some where in the line. If the system is still out after disconnecting the bus, call Lenz they are usually very responsive. Do you have any curcuit breakers outside of the system?

I've been trying to replicate your problem on my system. My LH100 flashes LH-100 briefly as it powers on, then either says off or starts up as normal. I would suggest it's an address problem, all plug in items on Xpressnet have there own address so they don't conflict with other stuff. A reset would fix it but you can't if the LH100 won't respond!!

I would do as above and ring Lenz, sorry can't be of more help

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Thanks for the tips. After working with your tips, talking with my LHS and a few other people that know far more than I about DCC I spent all weekend trying to trouble shoot the problem and hopefully breathe life back into the command station, but no luck. I talked with Debbie Ames from Lenz North America this morning and they are going to replace the system. Way cool of them to do as we still don’t know what caused the failure.

It was a frustrating weekend not being able to run the trains but it did force me to get some of the landscaping and buildings built that I’ve been putting off for way to long. The layout gods work in mysterious ways. You know what they say “a bad day model railroading is still better than a good day at work”.

Thanks again for the help,
Curtis

Curtis said:
Hi All,

I talked with Debbie Ames from Lenz North America this morning and they are going to replace the system. Way cool of them to do as we still don’t know what caused the failure.

Sounds like great customer service. Glad they helped you out.

Back