Pre-made passenger stations

Improvable

Today I made the goof of purchasing an Amtrak station kit by Walthers not realizing I had to build it myself, ironically after I passed on another Walthers product for the fact that I would have to build it. Now I did attempt to build it, in fact I think I may have gained a new skill in plastic building, but it just wasn't working for me beyond the first layer. The pieces just wouldn't stay together, unlike with Lego where each piece simply snaps into place without additional materials like glue. If all else has been tried, I could use the extra platform the set provided to make my own custom station, but before that, I figured I'd consult if there's any good pre-made station structures in HO scale. At most I found some generic station platforms, and maybe a building that could work.

Lot cheaper ton ship lits rather than built up models.

A lot of the plastic kits built in Denmark. Germany, etc really do go together quite well.

And I would suggest you learn how to use some of those quick setting adhesives that can be applied by small paint brush or capillary tube. MEH is the one i use, but you need to be careful utilizing it as it can be very harmful to your health. Sure makes plastic kit building a LOT easier.

Today I made the goof of purchasing an Amtrak station kit by Walthers not realizing I had to build it myself, ironically after I passed on another Walthers product for the fact that I would have to build it. Now I did attempt to build it, in fact I think I may have gained a new skill in plastic building, but it just wasn't working for me beyond the first layer. The pieces just wouldn't stay together, unlike with Lego where each piece simply snaps into place without additional materials like glue. If all else has been tried, I could use the extra platform the set provided to make my own custom station, but before that, I figured I'd consult if there's any good pre-made station structures in HO scale. At most I found some generic station platforms, and maybe a building that could work.
I have the one from Menards. MIL bought it as a Christmas or birthday gift several years ago.
922394DC-DDA7-4D7F-AF9A-23EAE5F5F791.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure how, since you do dislike kits you could not have seen in the ad it was a kit..And not sure why having to glue it together is a problem.
Anyway, you can find tons of 'built up' models on eBay.. Go to: "HO models built"...Realize though, built-ups are allot more $.

Not sure if its still available as a built-up, but the Atlas passenger station in preassembled form might be found on E-bay.
1661904932701.png

Woodland Scenics also makes passenger stations in built-up form.
1661905046752.png

1661905092852.png

Even Tyco made a preassembled passenger station back in the 70's that can usually be found at a very low price on E-bay. The Tyco station was originally release in kit form by Aurora many years earlier.
1661905293396.png

I actually have this station on my layout. A pretty nice piece with good detail and already lighted but one thing I don’t like is the station sign of “Menardsville”. My layout is of a fictional area called Cripple Creek, (yes I know there is a town of that name in Colorado). I took a pic of another sign from one of their other buildings that uses the Cripple Creek name and photoshopped it into a sign to cover up Menardsville.

Back in the 90's, Hallmark made a series of approx. HO scale buildings in their "Sarah Plain and Tall" product line. The train station can still be found on e-bay pretty cheap. The roofs could benefit from a spray of dull coat, and perhaps some paint detailing on the roof fascia, and the doors on the buildings look a bit short for HO scale, but otherwise, they are nicely detailed HO structures, including the Hays Train Station.
1669649549366.png

The pieces just wouldn't stay together, unlike with Lego where each piece simply snaps into place without additional materials like glue.

Um, yeah. Model railroad kits aren't snap together kits (other than some of the really basic old "PlasticVille" stuff from Bachmann. You need plastic glue/model cement.

Um, yeah. Model railroad kits aren't snap together kits (other than some of the really basic old "PlasticVille" stuff from Bachmann. You need plastic glue/model cement.
Hard to get pre-made buildings new, I use kits and have found these very handy to keep the walls together while waiting for the cement to set.

Last edited:

Back