Postal Service Slow Down

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
I ordered and paid for a product over a week ago and the only shipping available was 2 day service. The item should have been here last Wednesday according to the USPS tracking statement. Tracking showed the package moved from the hobby shop to the postal center nearby and has sat there since. Since Wednesday the tracking service says its running late but no estimate of delivery time or day.
I paid for the 2 day service but I'm getting bulk mail service and they don't provide refunds.
I guess I should just shut up and be grateful whenever they decide I should receive my stuff.

I got a Christmas card in the mail yesterday that had been mailed December 15th.
I sent stuff out two weeks ago, 2 day Priority, that is still wandering around.

I live in Nebraska and ordered last week from a dealer nearby in Missouri. This morning I checked the tracking and the package was in Honolulu. That's the second time I've had a package end up in Honolulu and then have to make it's way back.

It happened again today. I ordered 4 things from Walther's and I received one the item the other day and another today. I guess they ship them out one at a time now. I'm clueless? I'll have to call Walther's tomorrow and see what's going on?
George

I didn't think to take a picture, but over here in Klamath I saw two spine cars with FEDEX trailers on them setting on the repair track.
Whatever it is that somebody is looking for, IT'S IN THERE! ;)

I ordered a "new" camera from ebay , 2 day priorty mail, took10 days. Right now I would not pay extra for priority mail , its a waste , better to send it UPS or Fed Ex ground or USPS first class. My UPS shipments seem to be moving ok . USPS , thru Southern California ...forget it 5 to 7 days just to get out of the state. If its not routed thru SoCal you may get it in a reasonable time frame.

I think the horse came up lame! Why pay for 2-3 day Priority when you can send it by First Class? Because if you do, you might need to have the shipment addressed to your children or grandchildren! It might take that long. Ship by UPS or FedEx? Sure, it might get through faster than USPS, but you'll pay a lot more. Until we can "transport" actual items over the Internet, looks like we are stuck with slow freight! :(

Evening all. I too have had issues with USPS,getting stuff to me. Case in point, I have a Paasche Talon airbrush coming to me, that could have come this week-end,but I look to get it tomorrow. I also had a package that left Enterprise Ala,came to Birmingham,went to Mobile,before coming back to B'ham,and finally getting to me. So I know the fustration. But if y'all would look at the USPS tracking site, the corona virus,aka Covid 19,has played havoc with USPS. bnsf971, I hope you get your package soon. Good luck guys. William.

First, let me start by saying, don't shoot the messenger...lol but I work for a USPS contractor, and this year was like no other for them... Kind of a perfect storm... First, covid, which resulted in many employees getting sick and being off... Then the election, with ballots everywhere, then the Christmas rush. With covid it seemed like everyone and their brother went online this year to buy stuff... Volume was up 86% over last year. They are starting to get caught up at last, except for your larger hubs like Jersey, Atlanta, Cleveland...

Oh, and it didn't help when they changed the whole transportation logistics system in September (to make it more efficient) either... That blew up on them too...

You will get your stuff you ordered...someday...

I got a response from the post office today. Basically telling me, "You'll get it when ya get it". Claiming a shortage of workers because of COVID, an excessive load of mail along with the elections. Hmmm, I guess the election isn't over yet? and Christmas may be just a few weeks away. Heck, who knows in these days now. We make things up as we go along to make ourselves look good.

USPS lost a package that was coming to me. They basically said, 'sorry, it's gone'. They couldn't say who sent it, or even the ZIP code it came from.
It might have been a major award - and I never got it.

I got a FedEx package that had been thoroughly soaked, and subsequently dried. It smelt strongly of smoke. I guess one of their trucks burned?

Both of these in the last 6 months.

Back