Post Your Intermodal Collection!

sushob

Entrepreneurial Teen
Since I was already in the process of sorting and organizing my store inventory in preparation for a set of clearance auctions on eBay, I decided to go through my collection of intermodal equipment to tally the mass/mess of items I have collected over the past year or so. I'd like to (eventually) model a modern intermodal yard with an emphasis on UPS operations. Now that I know what I have collected, I'm curious to see what kind of equipment the rest of you intermodal modelers have, either on your layout or still in boxes.

I've got about 1/4 that, I'll get pics later this week. How about we do an auto rack thread too? ;)

Haha I just noticed the stapler in my first photo. I have no idea why that was out. :eek:

GN.2-6-8-0 said:
Good God'almighty!!!
A good portion of that came from lot auctions on eBay, and the rest came from my normal suppliers that I buy my store inventory from, so it isn't as much of an investment as it may seem at first glance. The most expensive items there are the Walthers spine car kits and the NJ International UPS delivery van kits, which all came off of eBay 6 months to a year or so ago. Now that my first college tuition bill is here my personal collection will cease to grow for awhile...any new items are for my store.

I don't think Josh and I are the only ones with intermodal equipment...anyone else want to add some photos?

I don't have any photos, but I must have 40 trailers and at least 60 containers. I also have five five-unit well cars, three single wells and maybe 10 89' flats. And of course a Santa Fe 10-Pack Fuel Foiler! All is packed away to be opened again someday when the kids are a little older and I have a place to put it all...

I'm getting there, I'm getting there. I'll try to get the shots up tomorrow, if not I have Saturday off.

Wow,

I have a large roster of intermodal both done and projects. I will try to post some photos in the next couple of weeks as I will be off work. That first picture blew my mind. I will have to show my wife that some one besides me has a large collection.:D

Regards, Dave Dane

Nate, I might be interested in some of your intermodal items. Do you have a list? I'm primarly interested in anything SP or BN and Athearn 40' and 48' containers. Also, which of the Walthers spine cars do your have? and what do you want for the undec UPS trailers there? Thanks in advance.

So, I saw BNSF wells yesterday, with the old BN America logo's, think I'm going to have to model them.

Nate, I might be interested in some of your intermodal items. Do you have a list? I'm primarly interested in anything SP or BN and Athearn 40' and 48' containers. Also, which of the Walthers spine cars do your have? and what do you want for the undec UPS trailers there? Thanks in advance.

I will PM you a list as soon as I finish cataloging a couple more boxes I found. I want to hang on to a lot of it for future modeling, but the fleet could use some thinning.

hey i have about 30 intermodal cars, no pics cuz i have to camera, and i was looking at some on ebay, and i was wondering if i model BNSF, are the Athearn RTR BNSF % pack well cars any good?

bnsfmodeler,
any of the Athearn well cars are great, especially the 5 packs. They are what makes up the majority of my intermodal collection. They have metal trucks, and are some of the smoothest runners. The details are just amazing.

ok thanks, i have a few of the athaern single cars, but ive never had a five car set, except for an athearn blue box 5 cars set that i reaplced the plastic wheels with some metal ones, and i replaced the horn hook couplers with a pair of knuckle.

thanks

bnsfmodeler

Alrighty, I took some pics with my camera of the intermodal equipment(defientely not the best shots) but I will try to get it posted soon.

Back