Possible new link to vehicles

Man those are pretty sweet! specially the trucks with flatbeds and the stock trailers, been looking for similar for a while. But Im so cheap that 12-20 bucks is still a lot for an unpainted vehicle to me

It is expensive, but I have seen so many posts from people looking for more contemporary vehicles. I'm extremely lucky that I model the transition era because there are so many vehicles available.

Wow.. there is a really good variety in that selection. Not just the typical sports cars and non-descript wagon/sedans.

WOW...!!!!!!!!.... Great selection. wish they had more in the 1940's & 50's....still a great selection.....BREEZY8

Nice to see the wide variety in models especially the 70-80's models. I'd also like to see one painted before buying.

Have to admit, they look pretty good, except for some of the Corvettes. The prices are good as well, but like the others, would like to see them after they have been painted too.

Like other 1:87 scale auto manufactures, they seem to offer a preponderance of sport/muscle cars and Cadillacs. However, I did see ~20 "mundane" vehicles that would be more typically found on the highways during my era, such as the 1969 Chevy Corvair, 1972 Ford Pinto, 1967 Chrysler Town And Country, 1971 Chrysler New Yorker, and the 1967 Chevrolet Impala Sedan. If they are in one piece I can probably handle painting them - I remember a few of the Magnuson vehicles sold by Walthers back in the late 1980's. But if they are kits - forget it.

I love their Toyota Hilux. I used 4WheelOnline as a reference for pickup accessories that I can make and customize with the model. I just need to find the right airbrush.

The thing that keeps me from buying the 3D printed vehicles on Shapeways is that many tend to have a "grainy" feel and look to them and since the printing is done in layers, they also tend to have a topographical map look to them. They can be made to look very nice but I've heard it takes alot of work, and detail can be lost in the process. That said, I have also heard that the quality has improved greatly. If anyone tries out one of these vehicles, I would love to see how it turns out.

I agree with the grainy looks of them. I also don't like the ones without the interiors, the ones with the cast windows.

Back