• Roco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zimo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
great thread

I have only used 2 systems
I have the MRC advanced 2 at home and love it for simplicty and for running a small layout

the Digitrax at the club has more options to build off of and thats just what they use it for. I think it better for large layouts but is not as user frendly for a begginer

Start with the Bachmann E-Z Command system and then moved up to the Digitrax DCS50. Both systems served their purpose well for my needs at the time

I am unable to offer an informed opinion because I have no comparative basis upon which go choose. You see, I have only ever used the one system, the Digitrax Super Empire Builder, with which I am very satisfied.

If the question had been, "Are you satisfied with your current DCC operating system?", followed by your list, you would have a count of people with those systems and how many of them are satisfied. That format would at least provide you with two pieces of information: the distribution among responders of the various systems in use, and how rate the systems. If you were to use a Likert scale (a scale from 1-5, say, with a rating of 1 being highly dissatisfied and 5 very satisfied), you could get a distribution of satisfaction with individual models. Sampling might be a problem if fewer than about 30 people respond for each system.

Sorry to ramble, but, as I said, I can't offer you useful information. Sorry.

-Crandell

I didn't know anything about DCC until a couple of months ago. I was (and still am) a total newbie to it. I got a NCE Power Cab and I must say for easy of use, I really like it. I don't know if it has all of the bells and whistles like some of the others do. I do know it is easy to use, and works good for me. :)

I just remembered the NEC and MRC advanced have a simmilar hand held controller? My LHS has an NEC and I was able to figure it out after simply after using my MRC at home. that speaks how easy the NEC and MRC are to use.

I get curious about such polls, and questions that ask which is the best of anything (airbrush, diesel, manufacturer, etc). This assumes people replying have actually tried most other systems in depth, and are knowledgeable about them all, and can point out the shortcomings and best parts of some.

I have a MRC Prodigy Express but don't have a clue how it compares to the other 20 listed. It looked like a neat system, and was available at my LHS. I don't even have a layout, and bought it mostly to try out my sound equipped On30 locos, doing so on pieces of test track. So I'm not even qualified to comment on this sytem, let alone the other 20.

I can't see how such a poll can accomplish anything. Of course everyone's personal system is the best - they think, without knowing how the others actually are.

Anyway, please carry on!

I've noticed many of these DCC comparison discussions tend to get highly political, not unlike the MacIntosh -vs- PC wars of a decade ago. That's why I usually avoid this type of thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
NCE PH-Pro :D
Great system, WONDERFUL support from the manufacturer! I couldn't be happier, then I bought a Procab R,,,,,,,,Oh yeah momma!!!! I love running trains from the comfort of the couch! :D

I get curious about such polls, and questions that ask which is the best of anything (airbrush, diesel, manufacturer, etc). This assumes people replying have actually tried most other systems in depth, and are knowledgeable about them all, and can point out the shortcomings and best parts of some.

Oh! my! "did I do that? Sorry! :eek:
You're right Bob, although that's not what was intended.
Actually what we want here is to see which DCC sets are used by the members. This will only tell which mfg. and or sets are more popular with our membership, nothing else will be proven. I have no intention of voting as I don't have DCC at this time, but intend to in the future. While searching for Canadian shops that sold DCC, I was quite surprised at the available results. One mfg. stood out more than the rest, which indicated to me what mfg was more popular in this country. What is going to be apparent in the final results, is what types are most used by groups, clubs and their members. What it definitely wont show is "What is the best set or mfg."

Hope I got this part right. :D

Where are the systems from Zimo, Roco, ESU, and Uhlenbrock? You should, at the very least, have a selection for "Other." Also, why is the radio version of the Power House Pro listed seperately, but not for Digitrax? One more question, what is an "NCE Power One?"

I used the EasyDCC at the club at it was easy to use.

I bought the Digitrax Zephyr for two reasons. The Loconet allows the system to be upgraded and expanded and the Loconet system is what is used for Free-mo.

Interesting how this poll is skewed. It shows the Digitrax Super Chief as #1, but because they are split up into different systems within the brand, it creates the impression Digitrax is more popular. Actually if you add all of the systems up, NCE leads Digitrax 8 to 7 at this moment.

Andy

Where are the systems from Zimo, Roco, ESU, and Uhlenbrock? You should, at the very least, have a selection for "Other." Also, why is the radio version of the Power House Pro listed seperately, but not for Digitrax? One more question, what is an "NCE Power One?"

Maybe the poll was set up with Wangrow System One in mind? :confused: Very similar to NCE, in fact NCE made systems for Wangrow initially.

Gee this is getting to be fun ;)
Ah! in answer to your question, "I have absolutely no idea" :eek: I'll have to wait for Alcomotive to answer that one he got me the info :rolleyes:

Over to you Alco

Cheers
Willis

Well I have two Digitrax systems. The old Empire Builder, and a new Super Chief. Guess I can only vote once though, so it was the SC for me.

Actually what we want here is to see which DCC sets are used by the members.

Ok, I hate to sound picky, but what if I "use" an PH Pro at home, and a PH Pro at the club, along with a PH Pro at the local "Wednesday night gang" and then, pray tell, Ken gets going with regular op sessions at his place and I use Digitrax there...........see where this is going???
I'm soooooooooo confused!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused::eek::confused::eek::confused:
How often can I vote? and how often for whom?

How often can I vote? and how often for whom?
I don't remember what the setting was for voting (maybe single since the question says "USE or PREFER". If you use two or three different sets, vote for the one you prefer to use, the rest don't count. If you don't have DCC or don't use DCC then don't vote.
Seems simple enough to me. :p
There now Clear as mud ain't it:D

Cheers
Willis

Back