Political adds ?

Is there any way to dump those political adds on this site?
I come here for trains not political jiber-jabber.......................just sayin.
T.C.

Do you really expect not to be told how to vote this close to an election ?

Besides you don't want to "throw away" your vote on something like a third party.

Where would that lead ? people protesting in the streets? shootings?, or worse like affecting the supply of toilet paper 😲 .

Count your blessings. Currently, of this moment, I have 4 very large women wearing OOOS Bras and pants in floral, black, spotty red and black again. (My eyes are hurting describing this) Confession. I did open one to check those colors.

As for the Bra thing Toot, you have to realize that "obese is the new healthy".:eek:o_O and you MUST believe it's true or else !
Why is everything is backwards nowadays ?
T.C.

Oh, I thought this thread was about billboard political ads on you layout. Although I do have one saying, "I like Ike!", I also have a heavyweight observation car named "Ferdinand Magellan" with President Harry Truman, an aide and Mrs. Truman standing on the back platform. I also have a man with a little boy on his shoulders, watching the "Whistlestop Special" as it stops in Galesburg, Illinois. The reason I have that is that in 1948 (I was six years old), my folks and I were on our way to see my grandparents, on the Zephyr, and we were sidetracked in Galesburg until the Special went through. When Truman's train stopped, my Dad, who did not plan to vote for him, thought I should see the president. So he put me up on his shoulders and we walked over. Don't know how close we came, but I did get to see the president. So are these types of political ads okay?

Oh, I thought this thread was about billboard political ads on you layout. Although I do have one saying, "I like Ike!", I also have a heavyweight observation car named "Ferdinand Magellan" with President Harry Truman, an aide and Mrs. Truman standing on the back platform. I also have a man with a little boy on his shoulders, watching the "Whistlestop Special" as it stops in Galesburg, Illinois. The reason I have that is that in 1948 (I was six years old), my folks and I were on our way to see my grandparents, on the Zephyr, and we were sidetracked in Galesburg until the Special went through. When Truman's train stopped, my Dad, who did not plan to vote for him, thought I should see the president. So he put me up on his shoulders and we walked over. Don't know how close we came, but I did get to see the president. So are these types of political ads okay?

Were they paid for by the Russians ?

Ahem...
The ads you see are usually personalized for you, based on places you've visited or postings you've made in other sites on the web. Big Brother's name is Google, and he follows you everywhere.
I see ads for RVs and parts for RVs, and campgrounds.

Naw! I don't think "Uncle Joe" Stalin was that much into American elections at that time. I doubt Truman would have stood for it, and neither would Tom Dewey. Talk about the news media getting it wrong! Did you see the photo of Truman with a copy of the Chicago Tribune saying Dewey had won? I see someone is restoring the Mark Twain Zephyr. I'd love to ride it...again...when it is finished! Also rode the Pioneer Zephyr that's in the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago. Except the Q had the fourth car in the consist back then. Wasn't room for the 4th car in the museum's basement.

My ads are for movies and music based on the Coffee Shop Theme. You'd be surprised how many versions of "Running Bear" were recorded. ;) I avoid political sites like they were Covid 19, but even with Adblock Plus, they slip political ads into which ever site they can access. Did I say I hated Alphabet....BTW, no political ads here that I noticed.

... The ads you see are usually personalized for you, based on places you've visited or postings you've made in other sites on the web. ...

Huh?!? This is what I got:
ad.jpg

I read three forums daily including this one that I participate in. While I generally don’t notice the ads I never link on them, they are all so different from forum to forum. Here on MRF.com I notice today, a local used car dealer on top, I have never purchased a used car but do look at luxury cars I would never buy. A few inches down are beautiful ladies in bikinis, in the middle are leather wallet ads and finally at the bottom of the page are low interest financial ads, railroaddata.com ads and then ads for Amazon. Not really anything they should be able to tie to me. But, as I wrote above I really don’t pay attention to me so I am not bothered by them here. I had to go back a few times to check what is showing as I type this.

What does bother me are the political ads showing up on the You tube videos I look at. Yes, you can stop them but even for a few seconds you have to watch them. It is life as we know it now. TomO

What does bother me are the political ads showing up on the You tube videos I look at. Yes, you can stop them but even for a few seconds you have to watch them. It is life as we know it now. TomO
If you get Firefox web browser, you can add Ad Block Plus and Ublock Origin to it, and block all ads on Youtube. You'll never see them.

Back