Plastic/Resin Structures

What plastic/Resin structures do you use?

• DPM

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • WALTHERS CORNERSTONE

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • CITY CLASSICS

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • DO NOT USE ANY PLASTIC

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

stripes

I am Thinking of adding some plastic structures to my site, and would like everyones opinion . Which ones do you like to work with if any?

David

Plastic structures - recommendations?

I am Thinking of adding some plastic structures to my site... Which ones do you like to work with?

To a certain extent, it depends on the type of structure you're interested in. If it's brick, you have (IMHO) only 2 choices - Cornerstone and DPM. However, if you want to make your brick structure really unique by pointing the mortar lines, something else that factors in is the color of the plastic. I prefer a brick red color, because all you have to do is point. If you choose a kit that has a light tan background, you'll probably want to paint it first, and that opens up a whole new can of worms.

*all* I picked DPM though because of the ability to drasticly change it with less work. I buy by the type of building, not manufacturer

I use most of the makers that have what I need. DPM, Walhters, Life Like, Bachman, Vollmer, Kirbri, Korber. Did I miss any? Most kits may not be exactly what I want but can be bashed or modified or, used for parts.

I use a lot of Rix/Pikestuff buildings. I'm working, slowly, on a Campbell kit that has a number of plastic pieces as well (City Transfer).

Back