Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I voted no and here's why. if you don't have high speed connection it takes fore-ever to load.

-fiurked

Adding sounds does add a whole new dimension.

Even better than one photo with sound is a slideshow with sound, such as one using the ProShow system. They create a whole new dimension to your photos.

However, due to the high bandwidth requirements, and resulting costs, I won't be offering that option here any time soon. Obviously you're welcome to post links to sound files and videos hosted elsewhere.

Didn't take long with my computer. I'd suggest adding a note near the photos saying opening them would also open a suitable sound. Perhaps a separate button to hear the sound - make it optional.

I've surfed onto websites a few times and was greeted by a blast of a horn or other loud train noise that startled me, especially if I had left the sound volume up high from a previous use. I have two small speakers next to my monitor and a large one on the floor, so some sounds can get pretty loud.

Don't need to be scared out of my seat! On sites like that I usually just bail out and forget about them. The site owners may think they are clever, but to me they are just annoying.

Well other than being a Nay sayer I'll suggest optional sound selection is the way to go. I do have high speed internet but however downloading Apple Quicktime into my PC is not something I'll be doing for a long time to come. (Once was enough)
Having said that, any site where there are requirements I just move on to another.

Cheers Willis

I prefer not to have unexpected noises coming out of my computer... I surf at work and while that isn't a problem, it's also not a good idea to make it too obvious.

Seems that most people voted NO. Well, I removed
the sound byte from Triage LACHINE Yard
due to the bandwith it required but I left the other one
for Chambly because I think it matches the pictures
very well.

Also at the bottom of the page there's an icon to PLAY, PAUSE or STOP
the sound byte.....

Also, there's no Horn sound etc.. just the "roll by" of a freight train
has depicted by the pictures...

RS33.jpg

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say yes to the optional sound part of it...
But enough about sound
MAN!,how about those covered hoppers. They are weatherd great. I love 'em.

Back