Photo fun for the weekend NOV 3rd - 5th

I try to make a little attraction site from my resources without exactly plan.
I let resin-fibregrass shave itself up. I had to control it get along with whole layout : not too high, not too sharp, not too prominant and not too look like s.... But I think it's slighly looked like K9 s....
When I pured the resin I awared not to damage the rail below and not to lost
it from dropping. I mixed and pured many many times. At first puring it is very thin and easy to adjust the shape, but unstable & easy to collapse as well.
Ashamely and risky, I always use my bus and rail-car for temporaly bracing.
Yesterday I just added the resin thickness with sticky paint which is far cheaper than resin.
Resin work has an advantage for my hobby because I can do a little per night.
When finish 1 time puring, it must be waiting for harden setting so I can go to bed and resume in the next day when come back from office.
For this night I just attach a little road ramp on it.
I propose to make it a vacation site with car park and shelter in the future weeks.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Modelrailroad as a hobby..

Hello Mr P Pop,

I think we do have the same problems to comment in this forum: the language!!:)
But I'll give it a try:
I would like to know if your layout is built to make it like real or are you, in the first place, someone how collects trains and like to drive them an a layout and in the second place there could be some landscape, but trains are the most important.
I want to ask you this because I watched your last pictures and I think that spot deserves a better solution!? I hope you do not mind that I am saying/writing this to you. I think you can improve up this part of your layout!:)
I suit the action to my words so a made a little drawing how it could be to look like.
The reason I use to draw Concrete and no brickstone is because it is ( also in reality) much cheaper and more easy to make in model
Please Mr. P Pop do not understand me wrong !;) ;)
Jos

That fiberglass makes me itchy just looking at it!!!...I'd hate using it on cars let alone a layout...But I bet your mountain is sturdy enough to stand on!:D
And once done it would make a very sturdy and durable, movable layout!

drawing

Thank you Paul,

Long, long ago....when there was plenty of room/space in our house just as we were married, I had a dream... :)D Modelrailroadlayout:D )I started to design many trackplans for the room ( I thought) in wich it had to be built. Just like everyone here, in your imagination , you can make magnificant trackplans with many switches and tracks on it!:eek: etc. etc.. During this design- period I always made(still make) some "3d" drawings to check if everything I designed was at the right place or if there was enough space for signals , buildings etc and of course if it looks good from an angle you mostly watched the trains go by( you never watch a layout from your ceiling:D )
To make along story short: As our 4 children came, one after another:D , the "space" for my layout was/is gone!!:( So now I am still designing and drawing...some great modellayouts on paper.:) To me it is like building a real one. When I draw a part of the trackplan I designed I want to be everything on the right place, including the scenery: trees tall, shrubs large /small, eyecatchers etc etc. May be I can use them in the future if the children are going to universities/ study. Then, then maybe..... but still it is a dream:D

10 nov2006:I found some drawings of my "dreamlayout" so you can see what I meant with "3d" drawings

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.Paul had gave complement for my knowledge about rail-lines.
Now on...
I really thanks to Mr.Jos for the inspirational drawing done for my layout.
I own you one, so.
Of course, more weeks you will see how much I can build follow the drawing....for pay back!
Lets see more views around that spot include aerial photo if you feel free to have more idea.
Ah h..h..m... I already had made a silicone block for resin fence duplication too, so I must use this pattern of fence.
About language, I feel happy posting on this friendly HO webboard;
understandable or uncleared. Perhaps communication like drunk people talk to each other is the best .... da ya agree?
About philosophy for my layout, it should be unceasing complemental thing.

....Mr. Trucula drummer, I had learned some more appropriate word ("sturdy"), thanks.
I have Nano skin, so fibregrass cannot harm me. Please realize that not every yellow people can do like this on his arm. (see later pic...:D )

Jos,

Those drawings are magnificent. I've never seen any layout plan as detailed as those. I hope you get some more space someday, because if that's what you can do on paper, your layout will be amazing.

Chris

Your welcome Mr P Pop!

About the resin fence duplication: great job!:) I think there is no problem with the pattern of the fence: the most important thing is that there is one on the edges of the walls so no'" Priesermen" could fall down from it!
About the "drun..*hips*...ken" language: I totaly understand it, got no problems with it:) And if there are I'll just ask you, simple as that;)
Loking forward to watch your progress on this part of your layout!

Jos

Jos,

Those drawings are magnificent. I've never seen any layout plan as detailed as those. I hope you get some more space someday, because if that's what you can do on paper, your layout will be amazing.

Thank you Chris, I hope that once....;)
"Translating" my thoughts ,about my imaginairy Layout, into practise is an other story: 2 steps up and one down I think :rolleyes: ;)

Steve,

I wonder if you might consider another option to that bridge. I think it looks great, but I also think it would look bigger if it didn't have the track winding directly under it.

You might consider doing one of two things, either running it behind the bridge, either totally hidden behind the scenery, or visible in the background.

The other option would be to keep it in front, like you have it, but not have it wind under the other bridge. Put a small creek or river in there to provide a reason for the bridge(s).

Just an idea...

Good looking Mount Rushmore. But CP runs in Canada not the USA. Lol

That was true for many years, but not any more. CP has quite a few lines here in the US, reaching places like Philadelphia and Washington DC. They have a large amount of track here in the good old US of A.

Also, it's very common to see CP (and CN) units on trains operating over non-CP lines.

toModelbob:

Tank you Sir:)
"Could easily published": do you realy think so?:eek: It is totaly a German layout.....??

Jos

Back