Photo fun for the weekend NOV 3rd - 5th

Steve B

Firefighter
Let's see if we can get as many great pictures like last weekend. If your new to the forum this is the time to show us your shots of your railroad

Here's a start, looks like Summit USA has a NICE new building for me to buy:
mrr-np0307_18.jpg

Is Summit USA a superstore or shop, never heard of it over here. It's a great looking backdrop building

That certainly looks like a great addition to a layout...
I wonder if they give more options in the kit to what stores you can use?

Scott

Here's my little contribution, i have been extending my benchwork and placing the viaduct, it's not an easy job in such a short space, it's complicated more as there are two tracks, one over and one under, you can see the biggest of my car's i used to test for clearance, no problems here
PB040037.jpg

PB040040.jpg

PB040041.jpg

PB040042.jpg

Looking good Steve!

Summit USA is a manufacturer, but tring to find a dealer or website for them is another story. This will be the 3rd or 4th modern structure they've released, all noted in Model Railroader newsletters, but I can never find them anywhere. Walther's does not carry them. The first one I saw was a modern Denny's.

I'll keep you updated if I find anything, this stip mall has really caught my interest, I need 1-2 of them on my layout!

EDIT Dumb me, just looked at the bottom of the MR newsletter and there it was!
http://www.summit-customcuts.com/

Great job Steve, I didn't realize your building above the kids layout ( I wondered where theirs was!!)

Ken.

Here's my little contribution, i have been extending my benchwork and placing the viaduct, it's not an easy job in such a short space, it's complicated more as there are two tracks, one over and one under, you can see the biggest of my car's i used to test for clearance, no problems here

PB040041.jpg

Is the Müngstener bridge??:confused: :confused:

brucke.jpg

muengsten_muengstenerbruecke01_klein.jpg

NW_MUENGSTEN.jpg

My home town : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solingen ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was Harry, but Steve is useing at as an american prototype. Am I right Steve?

WOW, look at that,
Harry i thought it would look great with Santa Fe war bonnets and Burlington Northern trains going over it,,, the story goes,,, When the Burlington Northern bosses went to Germany they saw this bridge and bought it for the USA, it works for me :D
I had a look at the wikepedia,,, very nice
i just found a pic of me here http://www.paccar.com/corp/LeylandPage.asp i'm in the bottom picture in the blue hat, honest

You're welcome Seth, I just wish there was more then what they have, but it'll make due.

Not meaning to be critical or anything - just wondering. It looks like you're building in what could be a rather severe S-curve under the bridge. Will a train of those long cars track okay through it?

Addition To layout

This past week I've added about 12 inches to my 4x8 layout. I also added some hills to the sides . This is based on the Trunk Line in the Atlas layout book. I have limited space so this is what I could use for now .There is a double round for mainlines and lots of siding for Industries . I aslo added on to the end for more Industry or farm land. The mountains weree made from Newspaper , Paper bagss and then covered with Plaster of paris. I will be painting the hills and adding foilage to them next . :)

Great shot's everyone,,,,,,,

Mark that's some snap track i used to test my longest car, if that will go round anything will, i'll have a bit more of a gentle curve to play with when done. I am looking at just running stuff under 70ft in length, the mainstay of work will be coal cars, box cars and hoppers to fit in with the switching theme. I would love to model a main line train or two but with only 18' x 8'6" to play with the trains would be pulling AND pushing themselves around.

Paul nice progress Paul

Better Nate than Lever, I guess.:D I have gotten to work on some more scenery this week. The photos are of a hand carved stone wall. I poured the wall using Plaster of Paris, carved and then stained it. The rocks coming out of the wall were added yesterday and stained tonight. You may not be able to see it, but the wall is curved at one end.

StoneWall1.png

A close up:

StoneWall2a.png

Looking down the wall to the overpass over the road (the white plaster). The road will be a dirt road as it is still 1925 there.....

StoneWall3a.png

Back