Photo Fun for the weekend 06/17/2006

Awww c'mon, MLW, not all of us have a helicopter to take us on railroad photo tours.

Oh.

Wait a minute.

That's a model?

Really?????

Absolutely wonderful details.

A night shot down on the industrial siding.

WORKINGATNIGHT.png

Wow, too many good posts to comment on individually. Everyone of you guys certainly have been busy and done some fine work. I would like to say to NZKen: Man, in my part of the country: "That's SNOW!":D :D Like Ray, it sure makes me feel cooler looking at your photos. I see that little Bridgit knows its snow;) .

Gappleleg: Very real looking scene. Where are the thugs and their flapjacks? I don't think I would walk around in that area. Ha! Ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou Sir!!

Ray if ya'll want the original of the pic let me know and I'll email it.

Ken.

Guess its time for another contribution from me...

BNSF SD45-2 #6460 (god I hope they don't retire this unit, it'll make for a hard unit to part with!)
View attachment 3480 View attachment 3481
She's sitting in my "spray booth" waiting a few final runs of dullcoat... The red walkways are supposed to be orange, but they have an anti-slip coat that makes the orange a tad more reddish, so I used Oxide Red, and I'll over coat it with orange chalks...

Nice pics EVERYONE!!

Josh, it IS prototypical for a front-end-loader, tractor, or whatever to move the car ahead so it can be loaded from the other end. (same would go for grain hoppers)

dingoix said:
Nice pics EVERYONE!!

Josh, it IS prototypical for a front-end-loader, tractor, or whatever to move the car ahead so it can be loaded from the other end. (same would go for grain hoppers)
Yeah thats why it caught my eye, not something I was expecting to see even though it happens!

Looks like y'all surpassed yourselves again!

KenM, that nighttime snow shot really is a collectible - you ought to save the top one especially for greeting cards!:cool:

Dingo, nice to see your layout progressing - is it the one in your drawings, or a temporary setup?

Steve, you and KenM got it made, having prototype steam so close by.

MLW, it'll be a long tiime before I can ever get any urban RR scenes that even come close to yours...nice job!

Josh, I can't wait to see the end product of that SD45-2 superdetiling project!

FWIW, a few Iron Belt shots. You've seen the locos and the grade crossing scene numerous times, but it's the best I could offer. It'll take me years to install all the GOW light bulbs and wiring necessary to do night photos like GM and Gap Legg.

IronBelt_236_at_EastMinister.jpg

Same train, different angle:
IronBelt_236_closeup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken, the elevator is only in a temporary location now. Once I get the rest of my benchwork done it will be moved.

Awesome pics guys!

MLW, you may just have the best city scenes I've seen to date. :cool: Keep up the great work.

Ken L, I love those shots, looks like you got the IB trains running! I might have to add one to my collection for run-thru power.

Thanx guys [Steve/Rex/Josh] for the postive feedback!:)

Josh, I'll have to print up some more IB loco stripes and decals (they're home-grown) if you're serious about that. Just let me know when you have a unit ready to paint!

Wow what a productive weekend. Everybody must have spent their fathersday hidden away in the train room! Great pix ya'll. Thanks for Sharing

CSX_road_slug said:
Josh, I'll have to print up some more IB loco stripes and decals (they're home-grown) if you're serious about that. Just let me know when you have a unit ready to paint!
I'll have to get back to you in a few weeks. SD40-2's work right? I'll see what I can find, souds like another fun project, considering the SD45-2 is "done" minus a chassis & details, and two of the SD40-2's are taking shape right now...

jbaakko said:
I'll have to get back to you in a few weeks. SD40-2's work right?
Sure, absolutely - I never heard of any contemporary Class-1 RR that didn't have at least a handful of those!:D

Well gotta make sure they're not plain SD40's! I know I have some of both sitting around (like 6 a peice)... Gimme some hints at detail I'll need, like DB/no-DB, plow, antenna's...

DB's ought to pretty much cover it. My 38's don't currently have plows on them, but I may put those on later. Other than that, just garden-variety SD40-2's will do the trick...

Back