Photo Fun... Feb 4th & 5th

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Anyone? Anythign new, besides Ken's steel mill progress? I have some progress but the camera's in the car and thats too far to walk for me right now. COPR #200 has Signal Red going on her...

I've got a couple pics of an old plow truck I built some time ago.....

noplow-1.jpg

gt5.jpg

gt3.jpg

And yes... it really plows!! :eek:

plowtruck-II.jpg

Where's the weight to keep the rear end on the ground? Nice, how'd you do it, scratch?

Well it's not a model but i was out going shopping today and ran this sitting on a sideing and i just happen to have my camrea:D

I'll be darned, I posted a pic here in the afternoon and I don't see it. Ah! well here we go again, must have done something wrong. I kind of like that snow plow pic, what did you use for snow? Well anyway, while I was in the train room last night I snapped this one, I'll call it the reunion although one is missing that I forgot about on the other side of the room. Well you did ask "Anyone? Anythign new," so although it's mediocre this is it.

13.gif
Willis

113-1347_IMG.png

Looks like real snow to me...

My projects:
BNSF 1360 got her doors & MU now:
View attachment 2819 View attachment 2820

C.R. #200 paint update:
View attachment 2821 View attachment 2822

Been quite busy since Friday, go my car fixed, sort of, picked up a new computer game (WoW if you're a gamer), and some parts for trains and paint too. 10 Sergent Eng. EC87's on the way too, they should be here by weeks end.

I should really really have bought that engineer's set I looked at too, the C.R. unit looks empty.

jbaakko said:
Looks like real snow to me...

Yep. It is real snow!
The truck started off as a 99 cent toy.
I added the plow and frame from a matchbox highway truck.
Used balsa wood for the flatbed and painted the lights and fuel tanks.

Josh, your Baldwin is looking reaaly good so far! I actually had a chance to see one of those in operation when I was a teenager, it was working an industrial spur in northern Baltimore. Painted in [yuck!] Penn Central colors. Unfortunately I did not have a camera with me at the time, it was nighttime and I was doing sound recordings of 1st gen. EMD units on the B&O which crossed the PC spur.

97 - that truck looks totally real in the top photo! Incredible what you can do with some of those 99-cent wonders...

emt - Nice shots of that Susie-Q commuter train, is it a push-pull?

Willis - You really don't care much for Alcos do you!;) :D

I ve been working on "CLUB projects" lately. Here is the roundhouse Ive been working on. Some inside pics at night! The side is cut away, and will be displayed on the edge of our layout.

csxmu said:
... Here is the roundhouse Ive been working on. Some inside pics at night! The side is cut away, and will be displayed on the edge of our layout.
Wow CSX-Josh, that roundhouse is one of your best creations yet (and I'm not even a steam fan)!:cool: I do hope there will be a plexiglas shield over the outward-facing side, to protect it from "enquiring fingers..."

Thank you all! I think I am leaning more towards steam my self. :rolleyes: First Ken, I have been watching your layout progress sweet!...... secondly there will be plexi glass around the entire layout:D .

Lots of good photos and work going on out there. CMX-Josh, I can almost see the sweat on those mechanics. Darned if those light bulbs don't look real! Good work!

CSX_road_slug said:
Josh, your Baldwin is looking reaaly good so far! I actually had a chance to see one of those in operation when I was a teenager, it was working an industrial spur in northern Baltimore. Painted in [yuck!] Penn Central colors. Unfortunately I did not have a camera with me at the time, it was nighttime and I was doing sound recordings of 1st gen. EMD units on the B&O which crossed the PC spur.

97 - that truck looks totally real in the top photo! Incredible what you can do with some of those 99-cent wonders...

emt - Nice shots of that Susie-Q commuter train, is it a push-pull?

Willis - You really don't care much for Alcos do you!;) :D

CSX_road_slug

i dont know much about the train its not something that is seen in my town. we havent had a commuter train for a long time.it was just in a sideing and i just happend to drive by it and i had my cam. so i thought i would snap a few pic's. where it came from and where its going i dont know.

GOOD SHOTS, MLW! Looks very real.
Heck, around here that pickup would have inched it's nose right on up to the rails :eek: :D .

NICE MLW...!!! Rex, for SOCAL the idiot prolly would have stopped on the rails and then wondered why something was honking at him/her... Worse then that, see the fire engine coming and stop in the middle of the road!

Anyways, You're never "too late" unless you're posting in this thread next weekend!!!!!

Back