Pets

Railrunner130

This may sound insane but....

My Beagle, crazy as he is, seems to have a desire to see what's going on with the layout when I'm working in the train room. Perhaps it's just a desire to come visit me. After all, he is my little pal. Right now, for example, he's sharing a high back chair with me as I mess with my new PR3. I've put some thought into the idea of building a platform for him that he can climb up and hang out when he wants. I don't have any concern with him messing with the layout itself.

Thoughts?

He is only interested in you, not in your layout. Likely don't need to do anything, except provide a place near you that he can lay down and be comfortable.

He does have a bed right next to my work area. Most often, he prefers the blue couch on the other side of the wall! (Can't say I blame him....)

We have two doxies and I agree with Mark, they just want to be with you. Mine can be relaxing by the fire and if I get up to use the rest room, they're just steps behind. Go the the kitchen, they're right with you. My layout is in the basement and they'll be waiting at the door when I come up.

I have a bed in the wood shop for my baby. She watches everything I do from there. She's not allowed in the metal shop, I'm just not willing to risk her safety. Since the layout is under construction in the family room, she can come and go as she pleases, but mostly she curls up in the corner and stares at me, with that "you should be playing with me" look. And I agree with Mark and Chet, they just want to spend time with you, they don't really care what you are doing.

Back