Personal Thank you to Grande Man

D

dthurman

I wanted to Thank You! For helping keep a small rag tag band of us MR Forum people together and posting, keeping the flow while the mess is resolved, or kept in place. I for one will keep hanging here once they fix things, but again Thank You Eric aka Grande Man.

PS Also a Big Thank You to ModelRailroadForums.Com.

You're welcome! :)

I've enjoyed posting with ya'll over on the trains.com forum for a good while now. I've always felt this forum had so much more to offer due to it's advanced software and very well thought out format. While there were always many great folks here, the need for more quality members was very real, right up until this weekend. I'm glad everyone is together having a good time, and enjoying the hobby we all love so much. I know this is a big change for some. Still, in my mind, by merging an already great forum with all you new (quality) members, this has become THE model railroad place to be! I'm sincerely glad everyone is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep...I agree with David......thanks Grande for letting us know about this place! I'll be glad when /if the MR forum comes back up, but I won't abandon this place!

dthurman said:
I wanted to Thank You! For helping keep a small rag tag band of us MR Forum people together and posting, keeping the flow while the mess is resolved, or kept in place. I for one will keep hanging here once they fix things, but again Thank You Eric aka Grande Man.

PS Also a Big Thank You to ModelRailroadForums.Com.
Make it a double from me! I've spread the word about this place to all my friends in the [MR] CoffeeShop, and they in turn are passing it on to their friends. As I've been saying elsewhere, I don't want to be totally dependent on a single forum to stay in touch with fellow modelers.

I'm glad that you've helped bring so much new blood to this site, Grande Man. This has always been a really nice spot on the web with little in the way of flame wars or outrageous postings, maybe the "nice guy" of the model railroad related forums. But, it has also been slow around here since the forum was started. There have often been days where the same topics on the opening page will be there for a day or two. Not so in the last few days! I actually have to browse the site again to find two hour old topics. :) So, thanks for taking lemons and making lemonade, not just for all the new folks here, but for us old guys, too. It's nice to see so many new names and discussions.

Hey there, Coyote! I'm a few miles south of you off 377 in the Metrosprawl. Going to the Lockheed Martin show next week? Nice to see another DFW modeler here.

Make it a double from me! I've spread the word about this place to all my friends in the [MR] CoffeeShop, and they in turn are passing it on to their friends. As I've been saying elsewhere, I don't want to be totally dependent on a single forum to stay in touch with fellow modelers.

Received a email from you via der5997 and pasted it on to inch53, bill north duce, (fellow navy man) flip, and a few others

Thanks all for remebering us to.

As stated I don't know if I'll go back as I'll always wonder if they will shut the doors and lock it and threw the key away for good.

RT

Thanks Grande Man.
Looks like a nice place to hang!!

Boy it's fast too!

We had our local train show this weekend. A few guys are Grande nuts, so I pointed them towards your web site Grande Man.

Ken.

Ken.

Yes, thanks grande man. Glad to be here, I'm registered with four different RR forums, but I think this one is by far the best. [ I still miss the coffee shop ].

Stan.

Add my thanks to everyone elses, Eric--this is a SUPER site and I'm having a good time on it. And besides that, as I said on another thread, this one has a LOT more bells and whistles to play with. Oh, BTW, I couldn't find the older Rio Grande "Scenic Line of the World" avatar, so I absconded with the one you used to have. Hope that's okay.
Tom

TWhite said:
Add my thanks to everyone elses, Eric--this is a SUPER site and I'm having a good time on it. And besides that, as I said on another thread, this one has a LOT more bells and whistles to play with. Oh, BTW, I couldn't find the older Rio Grande "Scenic Line of the World" avatar, so I absconded with the one you used to have. Hope that's okay.
Tom

I'm glad you're having a good time here. I know I sure do. As far as the avatar goes, I changed mine last night! A Scenic Line of the World avatar would be a great addition to the already impressive list available.

Tom, the virtual tour is a real asset to the site. Thanks for posting it. As you take more pics, please add them as well.

Well Eric guess I have a bit of time to add my thanks also for bringing your friends. I'm sort of bushed right now that things are slowing down some as the new members are finding their own way about the forums. The Coffee room is a great idea, I hope there is a new one each day, on other forums it serves a way to meet and greet and get aquainted. So on behalf of the form staff I'd like to complement you with a well done and our thanks for your help, time and effort.
13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
Well Eric guess I have a bit of time to add my thanks also for bringing your friends. I'm sort of bushed right now that things are slowing down some as the new members are finding their own way about the forums. The Coffee room is a great idea, I hope there is a new one each day, on other forums it serves a way to meet and greet and get aquainted. So on behalf of the form staff I'd like to complement you with a well done and our thanks for your help, time and effort.
13.gif
Willis

Thanks for the nice comments, Willis. Truth is, I'm thankful to have such a cool resource available and glad to help out when I can. I'm just happy to see everyone here.

Back