Perimeter shelf for room

imboredtoooo

I need help!! I am just starting to get into this hobby and thought I'd put a track running around my room about a foot below ceiling. I'm having great difficulty erecting the "shelf." I have used a 1x1.5 piece of pine for the straight pieces and cut down a piece to a 15" radius 1x1.5 for the corners. I can't seem to get the pieces to line up properly.

Does anyone have any ideas to imporve this or am I doing it completely wrong??

Having a little trouble understanding what your doing or how your trying to explain it. If you can post a couple pictures we might have a better idea or understand more your problem. are you building the shelf supports on the wall or from the ceiling? You should have to build a 1/2 turn for the radius and cut that into 1/2 giving you a 1/4 of a turn, do this twice will be enough for the whole room (one for each corner) and then build the supports to hold those. "all-thread from the ceiling is a great way to suspend it (and is very adjustable)...a lazer level will be a great help for you...but still having a ruff time understanding where your having trouble. Give us a little more details and we'll try our best. Thanks!

I need help!! I am just starting to get into this hobby and thought I'd put a track running around my room about a foot below ceiling. I'm having great difficulty erecting the "shelf." I have used a 1x1.5 piece of pine for the straight pieces and cut down a piece to a 15" radius 1x1.5 for the corners. I can't seem to get the pieces to line up properly.

Does anyone have any ideas to imporve this or am I doing it completely wrong??

If the corner's benchwork doesn't look like the attached photo then it's most likely wrong.

NYC_George

View attachment 5950

Back