Pennsylvania RR 4-8-2 M1 and M1A Project coming up

I spent several hours playing around. I painted the smoke box Gray, and I tried some gloss on the front. I'm going to paint the roof of the cab and I did some touch ups. No matter how careful I was, I still nicked the paint on the wheels. I also popped a couple rivets on the truck mechanisms. They were really sloppy so I'm going to try to find some and repair the whole shebang. Not sure if I will stay with gloss or tone it down a bit. Having fun though nd I'm getting better with the airbrush. I won't make the mistake of leaving paint in it while I ate dinner. Disassembled it and gave it a good scrubbing. Got my caboose today too :)

I think this is at least the third paint job...... Guess that's how to learn the hobby.

Can you show a pic of what you need and where it goes?

The rivets are on the linkages for the valve gear and are semi-tubular 1mm rivets.

Baker_valve_gear.jpg

While I'm waiting on rivets, pin vise, and bits, I put a couple coats of paint on the caboose and it turned out pretty nice. Looks like about time for some decals. I'll post a couple pics tomorrow. I need to look for a thread for decal tips. I suppose a nice straight piece of tape for a straight edge???

I did buy another Caboose so I have one for the M1 and the M1A...... Nice brass Sunset Model like this one.

after reading the ins and outs of setting decals, I remembered that I didn't have any decal setting solutions so I just ordered some. Dang, all this "stuff" is adding up quick.

Between an Air Brush, a mini-Blaster, a nice set of precision nut drivers, paint, thinner, pin vise with bits, some springs, some rivets, a rivet setter, decals and solutions, some brass models etc.......... I got a grand or two into it no problem.... ALAN?????? :)

after reading the ins and outs of setting decals, I remembered that I didn't have any decal setting solutions so I just ordered some. Dang, all this "stuff" is adding up quick.

Between an Air Brush, a mini-Blaster, a nice set of precision nut drivers, paint, thinner, pin vise with bits, some springs, some rivets, a rivet setter, decals and solutions, some brass models etc.......... I got a grand or two into it no problem.... ALAN?????? :)
Dude, I did warn you. Remember? “You have no idea what you’re fooling with. If the bug bites you you’re doomed.” A grand or two? I have sixty pieces in my collection and that’s just the steamers, not the passenger cars or the trolley models. You haven’t even started yet LOL!

Dude, I did warn you. Remember? “You have no idea what you’re fooling with. If the bug bites you you’re doomed.” A grand or two? I have sixty pieces in my collection and that’s just the steamers, not the passenger cars or the trolley models. You haven’t even started yet LOL!

HA!, that number don't count the pieces I have on layaway either...... All that in 6 weeks??????

I got the caboose about finished. I used a textured black on the roof. Not sure if I like it or not. We'll see after some satin clear. Otherwise, it looks good. Crappy lighting, the spots at the apron around the bottom is glare from the metal plate it is sitting on.

IMG_5720rs (2208 x 1656).jpg

Back