Pawling RR Ave project video

NYC_George

The Pawling Historical Society asked me to do a RR Ave video for their new future web site. The layout display was created 15 years ago by myself and four others. It's a high quality display at the Kane house in Pawling, NY. This video will show you how you can create a 5 minute and 31 second video for a 16 ft point to point layout. I have not seen the layout in 15 years but it's in great shape except for some easy line coming detached. The Pawling station that was modeled by a friend of mine is the one I'm modeling now in O scale.

[video=youtube;Cb0LwfDIfhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb0LwfDIfhg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

George

Wow, that was amazing! What an incredible layout. Thank you very much for sharing.

Thanks Olie. Five if us met there every Wednesday night for 2 years until it was finished in 2003. About 75% of the structures had to be scratch built. It's resides in the Kane house one of George Washington's continental army head quarters during the revolutionary war.

George

Thanks Olie. Five if us met there every Wednesday night for 2 years until it was finished in 2003. About 75% of the structures had to be scratch built. It's resides in the Kane house one of George Washington's continental army head quarters during the revolutionary war.

George

That makes it even more special. Wonderful work and it's good to see the Historical Society is making sure to show it off.

I like the cobwebs on the telegraph lines. They look like vines had grown up into the insulators.

I almost expected the chickens to scatter as the train approached.

Excellent video, George!

Your putting me on right JazzDad? I told you I haven't been back there in 15 years and it looks like some of the Easy Line has become detached. I don't live in Pawling now but I'll drive up there and take down the rest of the failing telegraph wires. There's a couple little bare spots on roadbed but otherwise it's in excellent shape. If you didn't know Dewey lived in Pawling. I caddy for him from time to time. He wasn't a big tipper.

George

Back