Parts Search

gheimbach2000

I got a Bachmann HO, J class 4-8-4 Norfolk & Western #611 from a Ebay deal.
It showed up with 2 knobs broken off of the drawbar.
The seller was adamant that I broke it and he was not interested in working out a return deal that was reasonable.
Long story short I have a train that I can't pull cars without pulling on the wires.
Bachmann has discontinued making the part and can't help me with a replacement.
I have tried crafting one myself but have not been successful.
if it was a bar with 2 holes it would not be a problem. But this has 4 pins that need to slide in slots
so it can articulate the way it needs to.

Can anyone clue me in on where I can get something that will work?

Attachments

• IMG_E4025.JPG
    IMG_E4025.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3360.JPG
    IMG_3360.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 70
  • drawbar.JPG
    drawbar.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 70
What is the drawbar made of? Some type of plastic? Where are the pins broken off the main piece? Just the pins themselves, or the wings that hold them? Do you have the pieces that broke off the main part? It may be possible to make a replacement, or else make an entirely different type drawbar that would be easy to make, but would require drilling and tapping holes in the rear of the locomotive chassis and the front of the tender frame. You might also check on ebay for the part.

You could try duplicating it using the broken one as a template, using styrene or plasticard. Failing that you could try Bachmann Europe, (their based not far from me in the UK) they may have it.

If you can't find the part on their website, use their service contact online form to inquire, if they have it but not willing to ship it the the (US?), PM me, sure we could make a plan.

Back