Paragon 3 sd9 No reverse!!

steelerfan820

Hello new the the forum. Found you guys looking for a solution, and found some really good reads here. But not a answer.
I recently got a BLI Paragon 3 SD9 BNSF. the thing is pretty cool gonna using it as a road switcher. BUT upon putting it on the track today for first time. I ran through the usual start up f9 tested bell f1 whistle f3 etc. then ran it around the layout for about 15 min varying the speed to break it in. the problem happened when I stopped and tried to back it up into a siding. No reverse! The rear light lit up, the rpms came up, but it wouldn't move. I lowered the speed and put it in forward worked fine stopped put it in reverse same thing. so I programed cv 8 to 8 just to hope something programmed wrong at factory. And still nothing. What gives I don't know. Has anyone got any suggestions? I don't really want to return it and wait on another.

Sounds like one of the motor drivers is bad. You'll need a new decoder, which probably means returning the engine.

Some of the earlier P3 decoders are known problem children. Your loco is under warranty, and BLI will very dutifully accept it back, with proof of purchase, and they'll return it to you with a new decoder...........that actually works.

About 80% of my 24 locomotives of all kinds are from BLI. I have sent four locos in for repairs, some my fault, some theirs, and they were all returned in a few weeks fully functional. It's a disappointment. Maybe your seller has another and can swap it out? If it's the same problem decoder, though....

Thank you all. I contacted or tried to bli today first sat on hold listening to Johnny Cash for 45 min then nothing called back another dose of Johnny Cash this time 34 min same thing. Smh. So I emailed them got a.reply back which was quick gi ving me a rma. Now I've read sometimes they will send a decoder out but as I cannot get ahold of a talking person I'm probably just gonna return it. Less turn around then sitting in a que for repair.

Back