Pan Pastel's for weathering?

Check out the New Product reviews on this Forum where Espree did a review of the Pan Pastels.

Thanks.

Greg

When you need an answer to this sort of question, a Google search almost always brings a useful result. Here's what you get when you search Google for pan pastels weathering:
https://www.google.com/#q=pan+pastels+weathering&*

The Google search results even include some instructional videos about weathering with pan pastels. Remember, too, that model railroaders aren't the only modelers interested in weathering. Military modelers in particular are very good at this.

- Jeff

I tried Pan Pastels at a clinic at a show and I have tried other pastels. Pan pastels are much superior. They are ground much finer. If you see a youtube video, yes, they are that easy to apply and remove. The surface needs to be flat, or matte, to better hold the pastel dust.

I am not yet to the point of weathering rolling stock, I am still constructing much of the layout, getting the locos converted to DCC, and drilling all the %!#@ handrail holes in the Funaro & Camerlengo kits. I only have the Pan black pearl sparkle to dust the tender coal loads.

Pastels are one tool for weathering, I would only consider Pan Pastels for pastel weathering.

Agreed, military modelers are very good at weathering.

Back