Painting Kadee Couplers

Thank you all for your replies; they are much appreciated! I got a couple of ideas in mind that I might try over the weekend. When I do, I'll let you know what I did and how it worked out.

Have a good weekend!

Regards,
Tom

Probably the reason I brush paint my Kadee Couplers is the fact that I don't own an air-brush! However, the idea of needing to clean my air-brush after painting a pair of couplers would not be what I would like doing!

Probably the reason I brush paint my Kadee Couplers is the fact that I don't own an air-brush! However, the idea of needing to clean my air-brush after painting a pair of couplers would not be what I would like doing!
I wouldn't dirty up an airbrush for a pair of couplers either, but some guys mass produce them, like Jerome did. On cleaning your airbrush (that you don't have :) ) lots of guys make too big of a deal out of that too. I can't tell you how many airbrushes have been handed to me as a baggie of parts. Cleaning is simple, and takes just a minute or so. Immediately after painting (this is the important part!) Rinse until the thinner shoots clear. Pull the needle out and wipe it off, put it back in, and rinse again. That's it. Airbrush clean. You only have to clean where the paint goes, so to all you folks complaining about taking the thing apart: stop doing it. I strip mine down all the way maybe once a year or less for a deep cleaning. I have trigger guns that are 10 years old and have never been all the way apart. It's only as hard as you make it. It is easier with gravity feeders than siphon feeders as you don't have that coupling to clean out, but rinsing & wiping the needle is still enough.

Alan, I second your instructions for air brush cleaning. It's easy and takes a short time to properly clean an air brush. I used to, like many modelers, completely disassemble my air brush after using them and the result was a lot of lost parts like gaskets, springs and even a trigger!

I finally learned to do the complete disassembling of an air brush on the kitchen table where I can find any dropped parts.

BTW, I'm waiting for my order from Badger Air that's due soon.

Greg

Last edited:

Back