Pacematic Remote Throttle

felliott11756

Anyone heard of this hand held remote control unit? Made by an old firm
TRAINPOWER, INC. The small rectangular remopte is wired with a single cable that has black, red, green and white leads. There is a knob to regulate power labelled zero to nine and three miniature switches...each has arrows showing direction; one is up and down with the lettering MOM DIR; one points right and left and the last is an up and down position labelled SRV and DSV. Probably 20-25 years old. Help! franklyn Elliott 516-796-4240. felliott@optonline.net

MOM+ Momentum, DIR=Direct
Right and left will be direction
SRV=Service? (Braking), DSRV = (Probably) emergency brake (Use in MOM mode)
Two of the wire will be power in, 2 will be power out. A guess says that red and black feed power to the track and white and green take 12 volt DC power in. Without looking inside it could take 16vAC in and put 12vDC out
This is all a semi-educated guess from something similar that I had here in UK made by a firm called CODAR, many years ago
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

Anyone heard of this hand held remote control unit? Made by an old firm
TRAINPOWER, INC.
I remember it advertised in the Model Rail magazines back in the 60's. In fact the circuit was designed by Peter Thorne (now deceased) and published in one of his how to do it books. I've built several of them back then and they were ok. I have all of Mr Thorne's books, what is it you want to know?
Cheers Willis

Back