Opinions on Bachmann Spectrum?

G'day... About Bachmann (and I have few including Spectrum) is they are great value for money...i wouldn't hesitate on that point..Not as easy as some to upgrade but their build quality is good , solid and parts (if needed) are super easy to get..Another Bachmann product that super impessed me was the Silver Series rolling stock..What value!!!!...truly good stuff for a really affordable price..They also now do Sound Value locomotives..These run Tsunami Sound and are substantially cheaper than Athearn , Kato, and many others..I bought one SD70 ACe and it has totally impressed me..The only thing missing for me is non functioning ditch lights as standard...otherwise mine at least performs close to as good as my Athearn Genesis's..Cheers Rod..

I have 5 44 tonners, 2 45 tonners and a 3 truck shay in HO as well as 3 porters, 2- 2 truck Shays, 2 0-4-0 and 3 rail trucks in On30 and have been very happy with all of them. The decoders aren't the best quality, but the price is by far the best of anything around.

Well, thanks all, for the replies. I just picked up an Atlas Loco. :) One of the their Master Series with DCC installed. It's the Dash 8 BW (4 axle) so I know it will work on my layout (vs. the 6 axle models which were a gamble). Picked it up for just about the same price as the Bachmann and it is also new in box. The reviews seem to be pretty decent, so we'll see how it turns out.

Well, thanks all, for the replies. I just picked up an Atlas Loco. :) One of the their Master Series with DCC installed. It's the Dash 8 BW (4 axle) so I know it will work on my layout (vs. the 6 axle models which were a gamble). Picked it up for just about the same price as the Bachmann and it is also new in box. The reviews seem to be pretty decent, so we'll see how it turns out.
Well that is certainly moving from the value brand into the top of the line.

G'day all...I just did a count...All up I have 55 HO Locomotives..almost half of them are Bachmann..I have 26 of them.Every one of them still run too.. The rest are made up of Athearn Genesis , Broadway Limited , Intermountain , one Atlas and one Kato..Of my Bachmanns though my absolute favourite one is my newest one...It's a sound value SD70 Ac...runs almost as good as the Athearns and for the money it is virtually as good on the basic sounds as any other..being a Tsunami decoder , makes sense..These are a great way to start in sound and way cheaper than many other brands..Bachmann should be congratulated for keeping their prices low for many that do not have a lot to spend and if not for them it's highly unlikely I would have discovered the most amazing hobby...Go Bachmann...Cheers Rod..

Back