Operating Engine House

Michael J

New model railroader
Has anyone else used the two-bay Operating Engine House (originally by Revell, but later by other manufacturers; mine is AHM)? I am in the process of building it.

How well does the spring-loaded mechanism for opening/closing the doors work? Is it something you use frequently in your operation? It looks tricky to install; is it really?

Thanks in advance.

How did you make out?

I wish I could help you, but I have no experience with your model.

Louis

The engine house is finished and the doors do spring open when I push a car through by hand. However, it will be some time before the layout is ready for buildings to be installed. At worst, I leave the doors in the open position.

Well done! All that matters is that you are happy with it. You could look at it this way, It's a busy engine house so why close the doors.

I don't think any layout is ever completely finished. All three of mine are a work in progress.

By the time I get one idea completed I have come up with a new one and I am off on the next obsession.

I am having fun with it and that is all that matters to me!

Louis

Actually, I do not have room for a personal layout, so it will end up on my section of our club's layout. (That's the fun of being in a brand-new club, being in on the design phase.)

Back