On30 equipment. In particular Bachmann's stuff.

Ash Pit

Before you assume I am a newby, because I am new to this Forum, think again, I have been active in this hobby building an HO layout since 1988.

I have lots of experience with Bachmann Locomotives. Most of it good; but, I have had my share of problems with Bachmann's steam locomotives. I am considering tearing-out my HO layout, selling off my HO stuff and converying to an On30 logging layout. At one time, Bachmann sold an On30 Shay, an On30 Climax and have just stopped selling their On30 Stearns Heistler locomotive. With my Bachmann HO Locomotive problems I had a long run with their HO Climax locomotive, having been returned to the manufacturer 5 times for repair and finally I asked them to exchange the Climax for their Porter 0-6-0.

My question is: Do you feel Bachmann's endeavor into On30 will continue? Yes, I certainly could ask Bachmann about this. However, I have always found a company's willingness to speak about future plans to be less than forth coming! Thank you for your well though out comments!

i do have an On30 Porter , which i used on my HO layout to check clearances in tunnels and stuff ...
worked well, no issues
Can't speak to their likelihood of continuing On30 though ..

I have a few On30 Bachmann locos, steam and diesel, and they are top notch performers.
As for them carrying on with the scale, I see no reason why they wouldn’t.
Of course this is not my main scale and I’m really not in the loop in that regard.

Back