On30? Anyone?

Got the "landscaping" done in front of the pump house .. FINALLY! With that, I'm starting work on the front platform/walk and loading dock. Whew!

Image18-vi.jpg

Hmmm. Just thinking. There needs to be an oil-tank for fueling the engine in the pump house. No room behind, front or river side. I'm thinking .. that area over the back of the truck would be a sweet site for an oil tank .. that would enable me to run pipes (yippie!) with drips. Cool.

I'm building a bridge .. just left of the pump house I posted earlier. Needed a bridge shoe .. just got in the 3D prints today ..

OnQuarter-vi.jpg

Been busy building up rolling stock, and working on a track plan to build, gonna have more room than I originally counted on. But I figured out while I have no layout to build just yet, might as well work on the stuff I can just put back into boxes until the day come to run trains. I have a few wood kits I need to build as well. It's all based on the ET&WNC, a fictional branch. Only teo cars will be lettered for the fictional RR. Everything else is based on real cars and locomotives.
On30ETconsist.jpg

On30coaches_zps45e09021.jpg

I love the ET&WNC. I lived in Johnson City, TN for a few years and got the chance to see most of the area this railroad covered. I even had the opportunity to ride on the ETRY from Johnson City over to Elizabethton and make a couple of boxcar deliveries. I have always thought it would be fun to model a fictional railroad based on the ET&WNC either in ON30 or in HO because the flavor of the area is ripe for the picking.

Back