On-Rail Detail #1 - 2Bay Covered Hopper

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

McLeod

Sprue-n-Glue Victim
Thought I'd start a railway prototype in detail photographic series, using my own photographs. I hope there is some interest in these type of photograph for the discerning modeler.

My first offering in the series is a 2-bay covered hopper owned by the Wells Fargo Rail Corporation (WFRX). The photographs of this car were taken in the CN staging yard located in Whitecourt, Alberta, on September 26, 2020.

I will upload the photographs in groups, so as not to overwhelm the site.

Here then, is WFRX 403224, Group 1:
Detail_1.jpg

Detail_2.jpg

Detail_3.jpg

cv_acr

Built by Trinity Industries.

The old Walthers "37' Trinity Cement Hopper" is very similar to this car, although it looks like the (discontinued) model is a slightly different production version with a slightly arched roof and different number of roof hatches - although that could be kitbashed from this model, or "close enough" to stand in...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.