OldNew Starting an HO Layout

rvnmedic6869

Greetings from upstate NY. I'm 73 and building a layout, first since 1975 when my son was 5 yo. I'm retired military and just love trains. And planes.
Cheers, Bob

Welcome Medic, have fun like the rest of us......retired Navy here

I forgot to mention ships (not boats -LOL) in my post. I was a Navy brat, Dad did 20 from 1937-1957, his destroyer, USS Selfridge DD357 sailed into Pearl on 6 Dec 1941. Bad timing. They were already under steam and managed to be one of the first ships to fire at the Zeroes and get out of Pearl. Later got torpedoed in the Solomon Islands battle. He was a Machinist Mate in the engine room and later retired as an E-7 MMC. Unfortunately, he died at age 63. Didn't mean to ramble on here, definitely off topic. LOL

Welcome aboard Bob. What scale are you modeling in, and what era, railroad etc? We're all looking forward to pictures, even under construction ones. Ask away if you have any questions.

Yeah, should have mentioned that - HO, fairly modern era 80s and later, UP SD70ACe and a CSX, same model. Both DCC and have an MRC Advance Prodigy2 power unit. I just finished connecting all the tracks, Peco Code 83 and Peco manual turnouts. Layout is 5'x16' and is currently in (slow) progress. Will post a couple of pics.

I forgot to mention ships (not boats -LOL) in my post. I was a Navy brat, Dad did 20 from 1937-1957, his destroyer, USS Selfridge DD357 sailed into Pearl on 6 Dec 1941. Bad timing.
Welcome Bob You're post caught my attention. My 1st employer and later a man that became like a dad to me was a gunners mate on the USS Craven and arrived in Pearl on Dec 8 1941 along with the Enterprise......

Back