Old Con Cor Locomotives

I have a small ConCor MP15.
Nice looking switcher.
The problems I had was that it had traction ties and it was light.
It would pull maybe 3 cars.
I don't know about the GP38.

I would look at weight and the wheels.
I do know that Kato made the drive stuff. Ran great. Just too light.

Might want to look at these reviews.
http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65249

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had been thinking of maybe making it a dummy loco. Its good news if its light. But another good powered loco wouldn't hurt either.

Yuck! I'll steer clear of it. Even though its on the extreme cheap side. I can score an older atlas C&O GP38 for roughly the same price...a little extra maybe.

I have an older Con-Cor GP38 and I love it. It's one of those that Roco made for them in the late 1970s, and it nice and heavy. The only bad thing I can say about it is that it has impossible to paint handrails.

The Roco-made ones were good for their time, but are now more than a bit dated. The ones made in Mexico were pure, 100% unadulterated crap. If the one you are looking at is a genuine Roco, it will be a good value if it is cheap. If it is Hencho en Mexico, run, don't walk, away.

I have a Con-Cor GP-38 and it runs very smooth and looks pretty good, and i had originally thought it was Athearn but later realized it was Con-Cor. Pretty good engine

I really wanted a B&O GP38. It was only $20. It looked good. However I let that slip through my fingers. I also had a C&O GP38 I liked that was an atlas loco. Let it slip through my fingers too.

Back