Okay, I get it now.

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
I just watched a documentry (It was unbiased, really. It was made by UP), called, "The Last of the Giants." It was about the Big Boy.

Okay, I can see what some of you see in the Big Boy.

I'm not going to give up my love of the old time 2-6-0. It's still the best looking little engine made. But I can see what you testosterone lovers see in the 4-8-8-4.

I also watched a Northfolk and Western video and the Mallet looks okay too.

Be very careful, spacemouse, you might get caught up with the 'big iron'! LOL

Darrell, Challengeringly quiet...for now

Chip, I pretty much love anything that was powered by steam, at least as far a locomotives go. But, I've always loved the big steamers the best! I guess that's why I like UP's roster. In my (steamer) model fleet I have a Big Boy, three Challengers, two FEF-3's, a Pacific, a Hudson, an 0-8-0 switcher and a three truck Shay. I'm going to have to get a few more smaller steam locomotives so I can fit more trains on my layout. More than one or two of the biggies is too much for the space I currently have.
-Joe

jbaakko said:
Watch the one on the Messabi Yellowstones....

Oh, my, YES!! Definitely avail yourself of this video, Chip--Yellowstones are like Big Boys minus one set of pilot wheels and plus a whole lot of fascinating stuff hung on the boiler front. My all-time favorite BIG locomotive. Watching one rocking down the track with about 200 ore cars behind its big tender is sort of like watching the Green Bay Packers on a really GOOD day, LOL!
Tom :D
113475897.jpg

TWhite said:
Watching one rocking down the track with about 200 ore cars behind its big tender is sort of like watching the Green Bay Packers on a really GOOD day, LOL!

Heh, Good Day? *hides*

I saw the DM&IR Vid in parts at my LHS and it looks like it'd be awsome.

Knowing how "intense" I get with almost everything in my life, that is why I haven't allowed myself to watch anything with steam, I can see it now, I will have to buy some N scale steamers, buy steam engine videos, and then join a steam engine rebuilding group. My girlfriend already thinks I need therapy.

Back