ok who got trains for xmas

This will be my first time with building kits of this type.........should be fun. Hope they turnout well!
Bob, the Branchline kits are attractive and have a very nice look to them......though I've only seen them online. Let us know how you like them.

Mike

I will, though I don't know how soon I will get them built. The instructions don't look too awfully intimidating. Can't be scared!

I will, though I don't know how soon I will get them built. The instructions don't look too awfully intimidating. Can't be scared!

As long as the instructions don't start with something like, "step 1: remove engine", you should be all right.

I got a Genesis FEF 2 with dcc/ sound and a Proto E6 A- B also with dcc and sound:) but thats all I got for xmas lol.

From my lovely wife two things I asked for, The house at 1313 Mockingbird Lane (Munster's House) and a Peter Witt Streetcar. Yes I've got a good one, met her when she was sixteen and I've never let go.

Nothing for Christmas, per se... but I got several good deals at a local train show about three weeks ago, and my lovely wife didn't chew me out at all, so I'm happy! :)

Regards,
Tom Stockton

I bought a few B30-7's off of HOI if that counts and my wife bought me a Canadian Pacific wrist watch.

Got two lifelike kits from my aunt, a Kentucky Fried Chicken and Ace's Supermarket. Will post pics of KFC soon but it may be a while till Ace's gets put together. I was surprised by the quality of these kits. For what I generally expect of Lifelike products the KFC went together well and has fairly good detail. I was too lazy to kitbash it because I wanted to get it together and show her the result. Now to expand my layout to accommodate the thing!!!

Not really a train, but definitely a needed item., A digital soldering station, with 3 preset temps, and an adjusting knob for any other needed temperature. Also has a digital display of the temperature. Cool!

Almost forgot! A real good friend gave me a poster of the NS Heritage Units gathered around the turntable at Spencer. Gonna get it framed this week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuttin train related here, unless you count those pictures of dead presidents I got with instructions to take them to my LHS and redeem them for trains!

Gary, you MUST post some pictures of the Munster house when you get it done! I may have to get one to put next to my "Psycho" house!:D

I got lots off stuff train related for my steel mill, rolling mill kit, electric furnace which are booth old stock. Also over head crane and a four pack of athearn coal cars. All this my wonderful wife got of a guy in our area getting out of the hobby. Also got a huelet loader coming, didnt get here in time,she told me about it.
I better go to the lhs, i dont have that much glue.

later Iron man

Karl - That may be a while. There's a long list of projects ahead (but it may bump a few)
I also don't have a spot for it right now. If you do plan on building it, you will need a good piece of property for it. It's large for a house, base is 10 X 6. Also it's not a simple build. I will post when it is completed.

I bought myself an Athearn BNSF GP60B Heritage unit.

Have not got it yet, but it is this unit

ATH91524-450.jpg

That's excellent. B units are a rare sight for anything other than F units it seems.

Not really a train, but definitely a needed item., A digital soldering station, with 3 preset temps, and an adjusting knob for any other needed temperature. Also has a digital display of the temperature. Cool!
I got one similar to that a month or so ago, a much needed upgrade from a battery-powered Weller iron. Wish I had've spent the money on a proper station in the first place!

Just the usual LUMP of COAL but this time I also got a very tiny sledge hammer to start chipping away on it to get realistic HO scale coal loads!?

Well, it could be worse!

I didn't actually get any trains per say, but I did get about $75 in gift certificates which I put towards my Athearn Genesis KCS SD70 ACe (which was pretty much all I needed to bail it out of the confines of the LHS!!! So happy! My wonderful wife let me have $100 a few weeks ago to put towards a matching 12 car set of new old stock Genesis trinity bnsf grain hoppers! I plan to sell some of my old stuff and use the rest of my Xmas money to hopefully score 15 more of these on yahoo groups! Even though I have to sacrifice some of the things I own now, I wouldn't have enough if it wasn't for my family! I'm very grateful!

-Richard Wongsing

Back