ok who got trains for xmas

Athearn Genesis SD70ACe:D:D:D DCC tsunami sound
my dreamer:)

picture.php

picture.php

I got a nice kit, which will be appropriate for my next layout. Anyone have experience with these kits. It will be my first.

I'm buying a jig saw with a gift card.
It'll help me finish my bench work, it will also help around the house.
Wife doesn't buy me train stuff...that's my deal.

Does a Train Horn for my truck count? lol I didnt get a new horn, but I did get a new compressor and a 12 gallon tank for the horns... I previously had a little tiny compressor and a 1.5 gallon tank for the horns. So the new tank will not only provide plenty of air for the horns, but also allow me to run air tools or an air chuck to fill up my tires if need be :D

Ive learned its too difficult to explain what I am looking for in actually model railroad products I want. So I dont bother asking for modeling products, or gift certificates even. So nothing for me. Which im cool with.

^ My brother knows to ask me first first. :) He got me two of these 70t Hart ballast hoppers.

caroftheweek1.jpg

The Atlas Classic box behind it houses a Burlington GP30, something I've been after for a little while and was lucky enough to spot in the old "new" stock at the LHS. That one was a present to myself.

BurlingtonGP30-1.jpg

My Wife and Family know that I'm picky about Model RR stuff so I usually get money to pick something up myself. My wife did get me a 365 day train calender though (I dropped some hints)

Does a Train Horn for my truck count? lol I didnt get a new horn, but I did get a new compressor and a 12 gallon tank for the horns... I previously had a little tiny compressor and a 1.5 gallon tank for the horns. So the new tank will not only provide plenty of air for the horns, but also allow me to run air tools or an air chuck to fill up my tires if need be :D

Be careful with that horn. I have a 5 chime horn I got from a friendwho was a shop supervisor for the BN back in the 70's. When I got home, I went right to the shop and put air to it and ended up having to read lips for about a half an hour. Do NOT do this in an enclosed environment.

For me, a bachmann spectrum Dash 8-40C with custom installed digitrax decoder and microtrains couplers.

Mike
8-40c_zpsd4b5b2cd.png

Back