Ok I'll do it, Weekend photo fun!!

Yup sure did!! I can't believe you saw that on the news? little old NZ on the US news wow!! We get hit around once a year, it's early this year though.

Ken.

Ken thats more snow than I GOT all last winter here... its just not fair!! Lmao I Love snow but we dont get that much of it in central Ky, I need to move..

As I side note I didnt get to start on my layout as planned. only so much money to go around and gotta pay the bills first ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandeman You keep posting those kinda shots and you'll scare everyone away from the "nightshot" contest:D ;) . Nice, VERY nice work!!:cool:

BTW WPF is one of the best threads to follow for a recurring theme(IMO):cool:

Keep up the great work everyone!!

Johnny

Ken, That ain't snow! Thats just a touch of partly cloudy. Its got to be at least enough to get out the snow shovel to be considered snow.... At least 3 or 4 inches. This is what we call a little snow up here in the Northern Hemisphere:

Ditto to that Ray, Erie PA averages 100 inches a year and I know you guys around the finger lakes get more than that. When I saw the news reports out of New Zealand I realized I really didn't know much about their weather.

Id be happy to get 20-30 inches a year I think we got maybe 6" all year. Rather disappointing for somebody who loves snow. the WPF threads always give me something to look forward too on the weekends Since I cant work on my stuff yet. So thanks everybody!

NZRMac said:
Yup sure did!! I can't believe you saw that on the news? little old NZ on the US news wow!! We get hit around once a year, it's early this year though.

Ken.
And I was gonna ask about it, cause I saw it on the news, they kept showing a shot of some kids crossing the road on a bridge of some sort, and one stopped halfway to throw a snowball...

enjineerbill said:
Grandeman You keep posting those kinda shots and you'll scare everyone away from the "nightshot" contest:D ;) . Nice, VERY nice work!!:cool:

Rex has already got everyone scared with his "lens cap" technique...:D

RexHea said:
Hey! How about me entering this one?

Title: The Tunnel (hehehehehe)

attachment.php

rhoward said:
Ken, That ain't snow! Thats just a touch of partly cloudy. Its got to be at least enough to get out the snow shovel to be considered snow.... At least 3 or 4 inches. This is what we call a little snow up here in the Northern Hemisphere:

get out the snowmobile IT'S TIME TO RIDE !!!! :D

seems like alot to us city slickers!! The whole place justs shuts down business closes and everybody just stay home. Jan is an English import and she can't believe it, they don't stop in the UK. School, work, buses etc all just keep on going.

I had a blast on my 4wd quad bike in the paddock drifting sideways with all wheels spinning man I made a mess!!

Ken.

CSX_road_slug said:
Rex, I have a solution for your sky mismatch problem: Why don't you cover your backdrops in that 'lens cap' color, and make it a late night scene? :D

Darn it! I wish that I had thought of that. I guess I could keep the lights off and just work the midnight crew.:D

NZRMac said:
seems like alot to us city slickers!! The whole place justs shuts down business closes and everybody just stay home. Jan is an English import and she can't believe it, they don't stop in the UK. School, work, buses etc all just keep on going.

I had a blast on my 4wd quad bike in the paddock drifting sideways with all wheels spinning man I made a mess!!

Ken.
That NEVER beats snow in Arizona, I mean, come on, snow that melts by 9am is NOT enough to close school! I had to walk 5 miles uphill both ways for school (wait never mind that was my grandpa), but in MI, where I was born and raised, it took OVER 2 feet of snow falling, from mindight to 6AM to close school, unless rain fell too and it iced over... AZ however (Kingman at least) got enough snow to make the raods white for about 3 hours and school was out for the day!

jbaakko said:
That NEVER beats snow in Arizona, I mean, come on, snow that melts by 9am is NOT enough to close school! I had to walk 5 miles uphill both ways for school (wait never mind that was my grandpa), but in MI, where I was born and raised, it took OVER 2 feet of snow falling, from mindight to 6AM to close school, unless rain fell too and it iced over... AZ however (Kingman at least) got enough snow to make the raods white for about 3 hours and school was out for the day!

LOL. Having lived out west as a kid (Wyoming, Colorado) I'm still amazed, after all these years, that the whole South closes down at a little snow. Once you see these folks drive in it, it'd makes much more since though! :D

Hey, I'll tell you what: I have heard that a lot, but I have driven in snow both in the North and the South and each has its fools driving in the snow. Its just that we have more.;):D I remember quite well driving on a New Jersey freeway long ago and a snow storm came in. It looked like a winter ballet with the cars making circles and puffs of white while sliding into the ditch. If you really want to see some fun, just get on the Washington, D.C. Beltway when it snows. That area has people from all over the country trying to drive in that stuff.

Snowdom

Hey you'll I live near Sunny Buffalo,New York .The Miami of the North . When A storm comes out of Canada and picks up the moisture off Lake Erie, well you should see what an adventure it is to drive through two feet of blowing snow. I can still remember the Winter of 77. What a mess. So keep the foot on the brake and just pray you stay on the road. OlDGETTYSK

Back