October 2005 Photo Contest Comments and Questions

Railphotog

Railroad Photographer
I must be blind, because on the Photo Contest page I cannot see the "Upload Photos" link anywhere on the page. Perhaps someone could point it out to me?

Thanks!

Railphotog said:
I must be blind, because on the Photo Contest page I cannot see the "Upload Photos" link anywhere on the page. Perhaps someone could point it out to me?

Thanks!

You're probably not logged in over there. The first time you visit, you'll need to log in. Then it should remember you.

modelbob said:
You're probably not logged in over there. The first time you visit, you'll need to log in. Then it should remember you.

That's it! I thought the whole forum/gallery was accessed through one login. Now I know and have added my photo.

Thanks!

Modelbob

I have tried to login with the username and password I have here, but keeps rejecting me. Any ideas?

Hey guys!
I just uploaded my entry!
4_1_1121.gif

I can't wait to see what the likes of Grandeman and the others are gonna offer up. :D

Old 97 said:
Hey guys!
I just uploaded my entry!
4_1_1121.gif

I can't wait to see what the likes of Grandeman and the others are gonna offer up. :D

Well, I just entered an "oldie". Originally, I was thinking of entering a pic of one of our new locos, but they need to much work and I don't want to rush them.

Well, I wanted to enter a photo, but I'm really sorry to say that the instructions are pretty confusing to me. Frankly, I can't understand what's supposed to go where in the boxes. I'm sorry, but what the heck is a URL? I keep hearing about them, but for all I know, it's just a wierd way to spell someone's name (Earl).
Tom

TWhite said:
... I'm sorry, but what the heck is a URL? I keep hearing about them, but for all I know, it's just a wierd way to spell someone's name (Earl).
Tom, 'URL' referes to the full web address of the image you want to enter. The acronym stands for Universal Resource Locator.

(It's the same text string that you put between the "
" tags when you post an in-line image)

TWhite said:
Well, I wanted to enter a photo, but I'm really sorry to say that the instructions are pretty confusing to me. Frankly, I can't understand what's supposed to go where in the boxes. I'm sorry, but what the heck is a URL? I keep hearing about them, but for all I know, it's just a wierd way to spell someone's name (Earl).
Tom

Tom, click on the link Bob provided. From that page, sign in just like you would here. Then click "upload images", select the pic you want from your computer's files, and upload it. After that you're almost there, after the upload is complete, click the "submit" button to enter your pic.

dthurman said:
Modelbob

I have tried to login with the username and password I have here, but keeps rejecting me. Any ideas?

Not sure why it would do that... Try logging out from here, which will clear your cookies, then logging in over there. Maybe that will work?

Bob

I figured that out after looking a little harder, I noticed a link that said "problems logging in" and your are correct, I killed the cookie and was able to get in, I should have came back and corrected my post. Thanks!

jbaakko said:
So Bob, are you gonna put the pics in here or something, like over on RRF?

Yes, I'll be posting them here shortly. Been pretty busy the past few days. I'll probably split the questions off into another thread when I do too.

So how does the contest work? With new entries coming in, do we wait until someone says its time to vote? I tried to enter the area where it mentions voting, and see I now have to register and log in there as well as here. Is there a reason why one login shouldn'd work for all associated forums and site activities?

I did register and was accepted, but haven't visited the area since.

Bob will post the entries here, in a thread, after the contest is closed, he'll post a "vote now" thread here, that will show the entries and allow you to vote.

The photo gallery is actually seperate from the forums. They share some information, but you do have to log in there, but if you don't log out and accept cookies, it will remember you from now on.

modelbob said:
Not sure why it would do that... Try logging out from here, which will clear your cookies, then logging in over there. Maybe that will work?
I also have the same thing going on with me. I logged out from here, then logged in there but nothing. It told me I had 5 more trys then... :eek:

Bob, a question comes to mind " Is it necessary to register on that server also? It's been so long I don't remember.

13.gif
Willis

Railphotog said:
We're more than halfway through November, might it be time to vote on the October photo contest?

Yeah, it's certainly time to do just that. Problem is, Bob has been very busy lately. When he gets time, we'll vote. :)

Back