NYC Janesville Fueling Pad

NYC_George

Hi Everyone,

Finished the diesel servicing facility today. The F7 is on short passenger turn around service. Every thing must be done with in 30 minutes, fuel, boiler water and sand. The attached photo tells the story.

NYC_George

nyc_diesel_servicing.jpg

Awesome work! It looks great.

One question, was this project previously planned for completion now or did the contest prompt it?

The contest

Awesome work! It looks great.

One question, was this project previously planned for completion now or did the contest prompt it?

It was the contest Grand Man. Just having a little fun with some friendly competition. The same motivation I have for playing golf, having some fun with a little friendly competition.

NYC_George

It was the contest Grand Man. Just having a little fun with some friendly competition. The same motivation I have for playing golf, having some fun with a little friendly competition.

NYC_George

I thought maybe that was the case. It was the same for me.

Once again, that's some fine work. :cool:

Very nice detail and work George !!

Thanks Paul

But after I loaded the close up photo into my computer I realized the the fuel and boiler water hoses are just to big. Their way out of scale. When you look at them from three feet away in real time they look fine. I'll have to change their size some time in the future.

NYC_George

George,
I'm glad you mentioned the fuel & boiler hoses - I was about to ask. They look like 8" hoses there - like firefighters use between the hydrant and the truck.
I'm not sure what those two guys in the center are doing (welding?) but that hose is just about the perfect size.

George,
I'm glad you mentioned the fuel & boiler hoses - I was about to ask. They look like 8" hoses there - like firefighters use between the hydrant and the truck.
I'm not sure what those two guys in the center are doing (welding?) but that hose is just about the perfect size.

Hi Jeff
It was just my bad judgement. Although the boiler water hoses were large because they had to fill the steam genertor water tank in 20 minutes but maybe more like 3 inches like a regular fire hose. Another thing wrong is there's no need for water because there's no steam generator in the engine. If there was you would see it's exhaust pipe on the roof of the engine. I was waiting for some one to point that out. I was just looking at some old FL9 photos to see if I got the water fill pipe in the right place. I didn't it's in the area but much lower on the engine. I guess in 1986 they took all the boilers out because after that date all the water fill pipes in the photos are gone. The welders are using electrical lines and even those should be smaller. I'll fix it all and repost the wrong and correct way to model a scene.

NYC_George

Last edited by a moderator:
Very small insulated wire makes good "hoses". 1/16" heat shrink when heated has potential as well but is harder to work with.

Back