NWP - Structure #3

NWP Dave

I finished this Grandt Line HO warehouse kit for our Northwestern Pacific Railroad layout. It will probably end up in Duncan's Mills area of the layout. It was a fun build.

Specs:
Kit - Grandt Line HO Corrugated Iron Warehouse Plastic Kit HO scale. The footprint of the warehouse is 4-3/4 x 6-1/4".
Details – Various manufactures from Walthers, Scratch built platform.
Paint – Model Masters enamel for roof and walls, Golden acrylics all other areas, powders over everything.
Weathering – Micro-Mark Age-it easy, AIM weathering powders.

Hey Dave, do you have any pictures of your layout? I would like to see what you have going. I live on what used to be the north end of the old NWP...I drive buy an old NWP GP-9, that was used by the North Coast Railroad before it shut down. Great looking build.

Thanks for the comments.

Devin, the NWP layout is a friend's. We have been working on it since 2005. I build the cars and structures while he does all the hard work (Benchwork, track, electrical, etc.)

I find some photos to post.

Hey Dave, do you have any pictures of your layout? I would like to see what you have going.

Here are some photos:

Early stages of the Sausalito Yard.
001Sausalito2009-07-23100_1810.jpg

Marsh leaving Sausalito. Mount Tamalpais background
002sausalitoslough.jpg

North end of Alto tunnel in Marin.
003Altonorth.jpg

Whites Hill
004Whiteshill.jpg

Occidental heading down to Streetons Mill. Browns Canyon trestle on left (next project: build trestle).
006Occidental-streetons.jpg

Streetons Mill area
005streetons2.jpg

Russian River bridge at Duncan's Mill. (Bridge not set)
007RussianRiverBridge3.jpg

Duncan's Mill
008Duncans.jpg

Cazadero - Austin Creek
009Caztrusstotrestle.jpg

Heading into Cazadero (Sausalito on right side of isle)
010caz-sausalitoisle.jpg

Truss Bridge before creek was poured.
011trussbridge.jpg

Cazadero
012Caztown.jpg

Ex ellent work, you have done a fine job of capturing the area. Very impressive.

Back