:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

Morning guys

Checking in, Well I got her back Thursday afternoon! I forgot the name of her condition, but in a nut shell it's fungus infection.:confused: when I get to it i'll ask and post the name of it and she has bad ulcers..... She seems fine, still has some pain but not as bad. Her diet is now a life of no spices!:eek: I'd kill myself if I had to do a blane diet:rolleyes: No more mexican food:(:(:(:(:( Honey wheres my gun:confused:LOL's JKing

I got a few yards to mow today:) Thank God need we need the cash! We have had rain from Thursday night and the last cloud just passed over a hour ago:D Our sweet winter weather is on it's way:D Mornings in the 50's and after noons in the mid 70's:D:D:D:D as soon as the gulf temp drops the Inshore Saltwater fishing will pick up soon:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Now That you will see lot's of pic's of when the fishing picks up;) Got's to go and load the trailer now see ya later guys!

Wow, Steve!!! How did you get in my living room?????

Steve your boy looks to be board or in lot's of trouble!

Good morning.

It's 44 and clear. The high will be in the upper 70's and it will be clear and sunny.

I finished the main part of the roof of my abandoned coaling station yesterday. Now I'll start in on the plans for the top roof of the structure. Most of my work of the past week was poured into that one project. Now it's almost done.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/25/2008

Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 42°F

So Far Today
High: 48°F
Low: 44°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 78 Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Northwest winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Light winds.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010218.jpg

Chris is right Steve, he's either bored or in trouble!:D;) Which is it???:p

Glad your wife's feeling better Chris, and I know that you're glad she's home. Is she on the bland diet for the ulcers or the fungus? Hope it ain't for the ulcers as that was determined years ago not to be a good treatment for ulcers. No one, it seems, could or would follow it, as it was just...too bland!:rolleyes:;)

Well I get to go back to the MD myself and get these cysts drained again. Hope they stay drained this time, as they're interfering with my getting back up to full speed. Have no appetite to speak of, and still running a low grade fever. William, (L&NCastle) came over last night to show me some of his latest work and after about 30 minutes I had to run him off cause I was feeling so bad.

I did show him the progress I had made on the 2-10-2. I finally got a functioning substitute gearbox in it until I can get a new one from NWSL. He can attest that she runs smooth and quiet.:) Now I just gotta repaint it and post the review and retake some pics. He showed me the latest on his other L&N "Woodie" caboose, he's building. Looks real good so far!

Well I guess I need to go now. Time to take my morning meds, (all 3,192,345 of them:eek:) and try to get some sleep. Since my surgery, my sleeping habits have been all screwed up. Some nights have no problem sleeping at all, while the next night I can't sleep any. Go fig.:(

Steve, I bet if you removed the furniture you could fit one heluva layout in there! :D

Chris, glad your "better half" has returned home. Ulcers definitely are not fun, I had a nasty one back in 1988 - had to be in a sitting-up position to get any sleep at all, otherwise the acid would settle on the ulcer and aggravate it. Zantac was still a prescription medicine back then, that's what got me thru it.

Carey, hope they get 'em drained right this time so your recovery can be complete!

It's a wet one here in central Md, off-and-on drizzles mostly - but enough to cause my 10yr-old's soccer game to be cancelled. What a dissappointment. Guess I'll be stuck in the garage most of the day...........................................................................:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Everyone.
Chris, good to hear your wife is back home again. I'd be interested to know the name of this supposed fungus infection since that's a pretty unusual cause of the type of GI pain and apparent ulcers she has. Still, the main thing is that she's home and in less pain. Glad you were able to pick up a few bucks mowing. We had enough rain that I think my lawn may actually be growing ever so slightly instead of just turning brown.

Steve, nice taste in chairs. :) Those boys do have kind of an evil look about them - I think they were up to something and you interrupted them.

CJ, sorry the results of the surgery are still giving you trouble. It seems like it's almost impossible to do gut surgery and not have infections. When I'm sick, my sleep schedule gets all messed up too so I hope you're conked out by now. Sounds like the 2-10-2 is coming along.

Jeffrey, nice work on that coaling tower. Strange how little details can take up so much time, isn't it?

Ken, there's nothing I love better than the sound of prepubescent girls playing soccer. The field is almost a mile from us and I can hear that screeching, screaming noise very clearly when the wind is right. I'm sure that there are others in the area who aren't brokenhearted that there's no soccer today. :D

Had almost an inch of rain yesterday and nice sunny skies this morning. A little chilly for us right now at 55 but it should get into the low 70's and be a nice day. Hope everyone else has a great day.

CJ, sorry the results of the surgery are still giving you trouble... When I'm sick, my sleep schedule gets all messed up too so I hope you're conked out by now. Sounds like the 2-10-2 is coming along...

What's strange, Jim, is normally when I'm sick or running a fever of any kind, my body generally deals with it by marathon sleep sessions. Sometimes these can last 36-40 hours at a time before I wake up for a few hours and then crash again for another marathon session. That's not happening this time.

Lunch time and Chris is going to cook for us:rolleyes::D.

Things are in an excited mode around here. Our oldest Grandson is on his way to Ft. Bragg and is coming by for dinner and a good visit before trying to see everyone else. This will be his first assignment with the 82d Airborne and will be in training for quite some time.

Jim: We got less than a 1/2" of rain and every drop was welcomed. That is almost all we have had for October.

Carey: I meant to ask you to pass the ARG word to Jimmy and William. I sent William a PM, but haven't heard back from him. I ask Scott, but he is going to sit tight and watch the Army/Navy game as obligated for a West Pointer:D.

Steve: If that was your home, you could buy New Zealand:D. Beautiful children.

Ken: Po-po Ken, didn't get to go and watch soccer. You must be devastated. I hope that working in the...uh...garage will relieve your despondency.:D

Hello guys.

Nice 62 degrees out today. Taking this final chance to get yardwork done. Already have the christmas lights up on the high roof. Supposed to 32 after the windchill tomorrow. Should give me plenty of time on the layout to get some work done.

Evening everyone!

Chris, glad to hear your wife is back home. Hope she gets to feeling 100% soon. No fun being sick and in pain. I sure hope that the stew is from the raccoon I saw beside the road and not the 2 deer on the Thruway this morning. There wasn't much left of the 2 deer. Real brused up if you know what I mean.

I just got home from the Rochester and Genesee Valley RR Museum. spent the day splitting wood with my machine. We put it inside the renovation building to split the wood but had to go outside to bring in wheelbarrows full of cut wood. I am chilled to the bone as it was cold and rainy all day. the only time we could get warm at all was in the depot for lunch. Had the pot bellied stove fired up. I guess we did around 5 face cord of wood today. 4 of us working on that detail. I mainly ran the splitter. That will probably suffice for the needs of the depot this winter, but there is some more to be split . I left it up there so they can finish the job next weekend.

I already lit the wood stove when I got home and have dinner burning on the stove, so I'll catch you all later.

The Stew is a lovely blend of some Dog, Cat, Gopher Tortous, and a assortment of odds and ends! I also have a pot of fresh with rice to put your stew on! Steve come on grab yourself a plate and help yourself:)

DARN Ray, that is a lot for a day's work...even with a powered splitter. That will sure feel good this winter. ;) For curiosity, how much do you burn each winter?

Back