Number boards for HO Stewart F7A

trailrider

:oops: At a recent local swap meet, I purchased a Stewart HO scale F7A/B in C.B.&Q. freight paint scheme. I got it home and ran it around the layout (the B-unit is dummy). Was running real well, but when it came around a curve, that is close to the edge of the table, and where I didn't have a barrier (NEVER had had a derailment there), something caused the A-unit to derail, falling over the side about 3130 scale feet (36") to the floor! :eek: Upon picking it up, I found that all the plastic truck sideframes had come off. But one was halfway on the other side of the layout. Apparently it had come off earlier. The Stewart trucks use those plastic sideframes to hold the wheel/axles in their proper place, so that may have caused the derailment in the first place! Apparently the sideframes were just a press fit. I was able to glue those back on. The mechanism was UNdamaged! However, the shell had apparently struck nose first, on the upper right corner, smashing the number board and a small adjacent area! Try as I might, I could not find the board. I have a number of older Athearn Blue Box shells that I could cannibalize, but their number boards are smaller. I have looked on e-bay, but don't see any similar shells for Stewart. And, I really want the Burlington paint scheme. I see a possible Details West part in the Walthers catalog, but I hate to pay for shipping for a part that costs a dollar! Just have to see what I can do. :confused:

OTOH, I received a new Soundtraxx Tsunami-2 to replace the one I shorted the sound module. (They give GREAT service! No charge!) Got that installed in my kitbashed
2-10-4, and it runs great! That gives me a pair of those, plus a pair of 2-10-2's, a 4-8-2 and a 4-8-4 with DCC & sound. Although I have two other steamers that it might be handy to have converted to DCC/sound (a 4-6-4 and a 2-8-2), I think I will hold off for the foreseeable future.

Did Steward have any number boards in their replacement parts department? If you aren't in a hurray, I can be going to Walther's within two weeks, three at the outset and I'll set you a set of the Details West parts.

Greg

Last edited:
I have 7 to go to complete the DCCing of all my big boys, sound traxx is great , love the goof proof returns

Attachments

• 30 big boys.jpg
    30 big boys.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 148

Back