Nu-Line Structures

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Finally put the Nu-Line warehouse together & installed it on my layout. It's a large building & I had made a space for it last week at my industrial park.
The building is 20 x 30 inches & 6" high. I kit bashed
it by moving the loading doors to the sides instead of
where they were originally, in the front on both sides of the intrance door. I also added some large windows to the front & added some more sidewalks.
I still have to repaint the roof w/white paint & install some A/C units.

I see my photo's were not added to the thread, so, I'll try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more from different angles. I had to beef up this building to hold the big roof panels & then around the edges of the roof where it was against the walls, I caulked the gaps w/white gen'l purpose
caulk. I also added 2 pieces of foam under the roof
in the middle, so it wouldn't sag. This building takes up a lot of space. If you put the loading doors on the sides like I did, you have to allow enough space for a fleet of tractor trailers to be able to get in & out.
I'm also going to build a chainlink fence around this structure. All Wal-Mart distrubution centers are fenced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it! Where did you get all of the Wal-Mart trucks? Post some more pictures, please! :D

I got the Wal-Mart trucks at Walmart in the toy dept.
They are H.O. Scale & cost $2.27 ea. Almost all the trucks that I have are from Wal-Mart. I have about 60.
Some came from the local Dollar Tree & those are only $1.00 ea.

larry

Walmart is G-scale friendly also. I've seen notices in the Large Scale Online site about dollhouse buildings, gazebos, etc. that are close enough at 1:24 to work.

Larry said:
I got the Wal-Mart trucks at Walmart in the toy dept.
They are H.O. Scale & cost $2.27 ea. Almost all the trucks that I have are from Wal-Mart. I have about 60.
Some came from the local Dollar Tree & those are only $1.00 ea.

larry

That's odd, I was just at the new Wal-Mart Super Center they built by Miami Gardens Drive (and just behing a Big-K! :D ) and I spent thirty minutes browsing the toy section and didn't see any Wal-Mart trucks. I'll check again in about two weeks, when I come back for groceries. Their low prices ROCK! :cool:

Smallest Walmart DC I have ever seen!! :D :D

I have had many visits to the one in Hermiston, Oregon courtesy of my being a Walmart manager. That one is 26 acres under 1 roof and has 150 loading doors and there are acres of parked trucks outside.

You have captured the flavor of a DC quite well.

Speaking of fences, security in the building is very tight. Need photo ID and a valid reason for being there.

Larry, that model is just fantastic. Much too big for my layout so I'll enjoy yours. Nice work don't forget to post the pics when you get the fence finished.

Cheers Willis

Dan, There's a new DC being built in Arcadia. It was supposed to be open by the 1st of Dec., but after 3 hurricanes have wrecked it, they have to tare down about 800 new panels & replace them. They've had to do that twice. This one has about a hundred doors or that's all I've seen so far. That's a giant building. This one is for frozen foods.
The one on my layout
will need a security gate, some more out buildings(water tanks), etc. I think this time, I will make the chain link fence out of small alum. screen. That's a ways down the road.

Larry

That bulding looks really nice... I've already started dreaming of projects I could use it on in the future.

Back