Now Arriving Track 21

docf225

Model Junkie
Greetings fellow Railfans.
My parents named me William, my Marines named me "Doc" and I am a modelholic.

I got into model railroading at the ripe age of four when I found our neighbor had filled his garage with a rather large HO layout. Mr Hunter allowed me to "operate" his layout (under his supervision) most anytime I wanted. In truth, he actually operated the line, I just operated the switches and such.

In addition my Great Uncle Abe started his Rail career as a fireman on the Erie Line in the early 40's. He worked his way up to engineer and finally a foreman before his retierment right before Erie (then Erie Lacawana) folded.

My parents got me a Lionel set when I was 5 and I've been dabbling around ever since.

I'm currently working on layng out an HO line based on the Erie from Port Jervis to Binghamton. I don't have a lot of room but I think I can get it done in the space I have.

I also build scale models mostly race cars, motorcycles and heavy trucks.

For the last 16 years I have been a career firefighter with a department in NY. Currently, I am second in command of the fire investigation unit.

I am married 20 years to a very understanding woman. We are child free but we raise, train and love Australian Shepherds.

I expect to be asking a lot of questions so I hope you don't mind.

Thanks,

Doc

Welcome! I'm fairly new here too, but seems like 99.9% of the people here are pretty helpful and nice

Back