November 2005 Photo Contest Comments

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
SpaceMouse said:
The problem with this month's topic is that many of us don't have tunnels.

Hey Space. I'm trying to pick topics that will be good for everyone. I didn't know there was anyone who doesn't have a tunnel on their layout. :D

Can you take a pic from the club layout? That would be fine.

modelbob

Administrator
SpaceMouse said:
The problem with this month's topic is that many of us don't have tunnels.

OK, if you really don't have any tunnels, and don't have access to a club or public layout, then get creative and find something that at least resembles a tunnel. Maybe coming out from between some buildings, or going under a bridge.

Post it, along with a note saying "Hey, this is as close to a tunnel as I could get" and we'll accept it as your entry. Obviously folks with a real tunnel may have a better chance in this one, but we can't always pick subjects that everyone can participate in.

PS - Hey Grande Man:
Maybe we'd better cross "Working live steam locomotives in N scale" off the list of potential topics...

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Space, I've been thinking, if you get one of those styrofoam tunnels and shoot a pic, you'll win on humor factor alone. :D:D:D

JeffShultz

Stay off the tracks!
You know, I won't have any tunnels on my layout, but I'd have a great "snaking out between two structures" shot... in about 6 months, I'd guess. I'll catch ya next time on this one.

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Hi all. Please excuse the changes I've been making in the Contest thread. I've finally got it set up in, what I think, will be an acceptable manner. The thumbs now link to the larger pics! Yahoo! That's one more notch in the keyboard of the computer challenged... :D

I'm looking forward to seeing your entries! Let's see some tunnel shots. :cool:

sushob

Entrepreneurial Teen
grande man said:
Hi all. Please excuse the changes I've been making in the Contest thread. I've finally got it set up in, what I think, will be an acceptable manner. The thumbs now link to the larger pics! Yahoo! That's one more notch in the keyboard of the computer challenged... :D

I'm looking forward to seeing your entries! Let's see some tunnel shots. :cool:
Thanks for doing this Grande Man! I don't participate in the contests often but I do enjoy watching them.

BTW, I think Bob usually linked the thumbs to the gallery, kinda like this:

Photo by Cjcrescent

Just a thought :)

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
sushob said:
Thanks for doing this Grande Man! I don't participate in the contests often but I do enjoy watching them.

BTW, I think Bob usually linked the thumbs to the gallery, kinda like this:

Thanks Nate.

Rev 12 to the November Contest thread is complete.:D

modelbob

Administrator
> kinda like this...

Cool, now we know who to draft as an assistant for the photo contests... ;)

Meanwhile, Eric has been learning how to do the html part of things, and figuring out what links to what and how etc. He's going to be posting the photos on a regular basis, since I'm too busy to keep up with it. I really appreciate his help, and hope everyone will be patient for the first couple tries while he learns all this stuff.

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
Eric,

I just want you know that I am going to enter this contest of yours and just off that award check, cause I'm going to frame it and put it in my office here at work.

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Took some tunnel pics last night, they're still in the camera probably download them tonight and pick one out to post.
13.gif
Willis

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
SpaceMouse said:
Eric,

I just want you know that I am going to enter this contest of yours and just off that award check, cause I'm going to frame it and put it in my office here at work.

Oooooh. I love a challenge...;)

Can't wait for your entry!

[Austin Powers] Hope you Spank em Baby! Yeah! [/Austin Powers]:D

Last edited by a moderator:

sushob

Entrepreneurial Teen
modelbob said:
> kinda like this...

Cool, now we know who to draft as an assistant for the photo contests... ;)

Meanwhile, Eric has been learning how to do the html part of things, and figuring out what links to what and how etc. He's going to be posting the photos on a regular basis, since I'm too busy to keep up with it. I really appreciate his help, and hope everyone will be patient for the first couple tries while he learns all this stuff.

We actually spent quite a bit of time on HTML in 8th grade. Then I forgot about it for a year or so, then used FrontPage (which is WYSIWYG so I didn't use it much there)...and then started doing my eBay stuff. It was a bit of a slap in the face when I realized how cruddy the WYSIWYG in TurboLister was, so it was time to learn it all over again. I like doing HTML now becuase I understand it,

<marquee>(or at least I think I do :rolleyes: )</marquee>
(and it's nice to steal pictures off of our other website instead of paying eBay 15 cents every time), but this PHP and XHTML is a bit over my head...

Anyway, if you ever need any help I'll gladly do what I can. I'm going to be on the computer quite a bit over the next couple of days (I have about 150 Atlas N engines to move). Then again I also have to read a 300 page book and write a 1500 word review, plan a lesson for AP Euro next week, hang some drywall, do some painting, figure out the drop ceiling grid, install lighting, finish up the trim, paint the floor....

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.