November 2005 Photo Contest Comments

SpaceMouse said:
I entered, but I'm not sure I did it right because when I look at the contest thred it's not there.

Ya gotta give me time to get outa bed and move them...:D

Awesome shot, Space. Glad you took my advice! ;)

I went out to my garage on Wednesday to look for the old twin-track tunnel portal I used on my old layout. It's packed away somewhere, but unfortunately it was not in any of the dozen boxes I looked in :( .

My wife put me in charge of mashing the spuds for Thanksgiving dinner, so as a 'gag' shot, I was planning to glop down about 3 servings, put a hole thru it, lay down some track with a loco on it and make that my "tunnel view". But then I remembered that Chip already has his own Potato Mountain and I didn't want to infringe on the trademark.:p

CSX_road_slug said:
But then I remembered that Chip already has his own Potato Mountain and I didn't want to infringe on the trademark.:p

That's Tater Mountain!

Somewhere Ron White is pouring another drink.

> We actually spent quite a bit of time on HTML in 8th grade.

Gee, we never covered HTML when I was in 8th grade. They didn't even cover computers...

Oh, wait, that's because just about the only folks that HAD computers back then were NASA, GM and the government!

Don't worry, I did take a computer class once I got to college. Luckily we had the latest and greatest computer equipment. Yep, an IBM mainframe... Loved learning Fortran, though it did suck when you dropped your stack of punchcards and they got mixed up.

Get this, the computer I learned on had no screen, and no keyboard. The only mouse in the computer lab was the one who had snuck in from outside to try and stay warm.

< end "I walked uphill to school in the snow" rant>

Last edited by a moderator:
SpaceMouse said:
I entered, but I'm not sure I did it right because when I look at the contest thred it's not there.

That's because not everything in this place is done by computer.

The guy we had doing it last month was terrible. It took him weeks to add the photos, and the contest didn't start until the middle of the month. So we "fired" him from that job, and now Grande Man is doing it. He's much quicker, usually has them posted within a day or so.

Hopefully that Bob guy will be quicker in posting the contest this month! :cool:

modelbob said:
Hopefully that Bob guy will be quicker in posting the contest this month! :cool:

I think I'm speaking for everyone here in saying we all apprieciate "that Bob guy" keeping a great MR forum up and running.

Folks, the pics so far are really fine. Ya'll are a talented bunch!

Ken, I saw your contest pic on wpf. When you get it entered, I'll move it over ASAP. I should be back online tonight. Gotta go on an afternoon Bambi safari between now and then. ;)

grande man said:
I think I'm speaking for everyone here in saying we all apprieciate "that Bob guy" keeping a great MR forum up and running.
Make that a double from me! I hear he has some pretty capable assistants too...
Ken, I saw your contest pic on wpf. When you get it entered, I'll move it over ASAP. I should be back online tonight. Gotta go on an afternoon Bambi safari between now and then. ;)
Best of luck Eric, that young venison is mighty tender from what I hear. (And if you're going to the usual place, don't forget your camera!:D)

CSX_road_slug said:
Best of luck Eric, that young venison is mighty tender from what I hear. (And if you're going to the usual place, don't forget your camera!:D)

Well no venison tonight. Mom called me on the cell phone right before dark to ask where Mrs GMan was (gee Mom, you could call her cell number...:rolleyes: ). Anyway, I saw several freights on the CSX. They looked like N scale from the stand I was in! What's up with all the UP power on the CSX???

Got your pic posted, Ken. That was a very clever idea. :cool:

Back