nother new guy

Mingo Assist

re·sus·ci·tat·ing the EL
Another new guy chimin in, been modeling for over 25 some years just havent had to much time due to the big trains.
< waves hand

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Mingo,
Like I told Jim I think you'll find this forum very congenial and informative, enjoy. :)

Welcome Mingo,

I was in your neck o' the woods this past weekend, visiting for Parents' Weekend at my daughter's college. Took a drive along Hwy 7, and was saddened to see they've closed down the two "pigtailed" blast furnaces :( Oh well at least they'll still have an electric melt shop, better than nothing I guess!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! As others have said, this is a great forum with all the best folks you could ask for. Hope you enjoy the place as much as we do.

Thanks all

Welcome Mingo,

I was in your neck o' the woods this past weekend, visiting for Parents' Weekend at my daughter's college. Took a drive along Hwy 7, and was saddened to see they've closed down the two "pigtailed" blast furnaces :( Oh well at least they'll still have an electric melt shop, better than nothing I guess!

Road, now there thinking about bringing the Allenport plant to the Steubenville north plant,, bad news as we run several trains a week {The C22} to deliver the cold roll. This move may make 200 jobs but will also create a loss of 3 to 400 hundred.... ISG, then Mittal, now Esmark...jeesh

Welcome aboard, Mingo. I spent some time at Mingo Junction train watching as a teenager, being a native of Cleveland. Sure sounds things have gone downhill since I was there last. :(

Thanks everyone, im in and out all day on this job so pardon the times..railroadin..lol
CJ, the Alco is no longer in the yard but its still in service in the area..Ill try and get the info for ya.
UP2..no comment..your right but we are trying to get things going... Im originally from Akron Ohio and started my railroad days with the Erie Lack in Kent Ohio, now talk about railroading..WOW, but that to is now all gone :eek:(
You might remember Quaker Square in Akron, that was my last BIG layout {in the REA building} The square has been sold to Akron University.. :eek:(
Well enough bout me guys, I hope I can lend some assistance and Im sure looking forward to doing some learning.. If you all need some RR advice on this NE side of Ohio let me know, Ill be more than happy to give you some operational info if I can... :eek:)

Back